New Tires & Rims

vbbuilt01

:
2007 Mazda CX-7
Well gang, did it! Bought a set of Kumho ESTA ASX P245/45R20 tires mounted on a set of Zinik Z5 Ikeda 20x7.5 rims. Mounted and filled with nitrogen, out the door, cost me $2300.

Vince.

Attachments

• temp 006, reduced.jpg
    temp 006, reduced.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 566
  • temp 004, reduced.jpg
    temp 004, reduced.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 454
  • temp 003, reduced.jpg
    temp 003, reduced.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 759
  • temp 002, reduced.jpg
    temp 002, reduced.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Wow, I'm REALLY feeling those! Great choice, and it looks just right, the size and everything, wow perfect. I would go this route but I'm not one for buying new tires! So I'm sticking with 18's until the tires are bald.(or my dads Amex one card opens back up again for me, lol.)

Skip the cx-9 20's; they're going to cost you about the same as aftermarket rims and weigh much more...

Initial impressions

The "ultra high performance" rating is noticeable. After driving around yesterday on city/freeway, bumps and other surface imperfections in the payment were pronounced. However, responsiveness/handling were increased. It literally hugged the road, much more so than the original OEM tires/rims. And the "wow" factor was fun, too. I could see people craning their necks at stop lights. I actually gotta a couple "thumbs-up" !! (grin) (dance)

Vince

well done on your choice...they looking bloody great !!

i was originally planning on something similar but in the end didn't have the confidence to go for wheels so bold...but they looking fantastic !!

link to mine attached...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7632390@N05/484973624/in/set-72157600182736242/

Oh, those look REALLY good too! I considered something similar, but one of my criteria is the maintenance factor...how long would it take to clean and polish? I wipe down daily, including the wheels/tires, so I figured all those splines would be burden to clean. I didn't want the more convential look of 5 spokes (too conservative) in IMHO. (yes)

Skip the cx-9 20's; they're going to cost you about the same as aftermarket rims and weigh much more...

I'm not worried too much about weight and I'm not paying retail price for them. When I find them cheap I will get them. There have been some people that have gotten them for under $700 shipped....hard to find some good aftermarket ones for that much.

I guess I'm the first to chime-in with a thumb-down... but don't take it personally... I am just not into "bling" as the kids say these days ;) Heheh...

I know, "If you don't have anything nice to say..."

Well... If YOU'RE happy with them - then that's all that matters. Enjoy.

I guess I'm the first to chime-in with a thumb-down... but don't take it personally... I am just not into "bling" as the kids say these days ;) Heheh...

Not a problem! Don't hesitate to post pics of your car...It's always fun to see what other owners do to enhance the look of their rides! (headbang)

Vince.

(werd)

Nice but not my thing either...a little too flashy for me and my husband would hate it...he's very conservative....though he likes my new grille!! Enjoy the flashy ride!

Nice but not my thing either...a little too flashy for me and my husband would hate it...he's very conservative....though he likes my new grille!! Enjoy the flashy ride!

Thanks for input! Some people like a more subdued look, black rims, darkened tail lights, de-badging, heavy window tinting. IMHO, that gives any vehicle a dark, foreboding look. Me? I'm out there! I've always loved the gleam. I'm the one that makes the grand entrance. I've always done things with style! (usa)

Vince.(first)

I hear ya Vbbuilt....I am like that too...just ask my friends and everyone has there own taste......that's what's great about having lots of choices....you will be noticed in those wild rims....flashy Vince! ;]

wow, i really like that...i can't believe sum people don't like bling in their cars... i guess i watched too many hiphop video's to like them hehe ;)

you are now snoop doggy dogg approved ...i give you a 10 !!! loL

Back