New tire recommendations, type/size

Tyrdstorm

:
2014 Mazda6 I Grand Touring
It's about time for new tires for my speed, but I'm not sure exactly what to get. In Atlanta it never gets cold enough for long enough to warrant a winter setup, but it does get really cold a few days out of the year. I drive to work at 5:30 in the morning which can get down into the 20's that early and I don't feel comfortable driving on summer tires in that condition.

With that said, will a set of all seasons provide me with enough performance during the summer time that I won't miss the summer tires? I've been looking at the Continental Extreme Contact DWS. Will I notice a big performance difference in the summer time with these tires?

Also, I was thinking of getting 235/40 tire size on my 7.5 inch +48 offset rims. I'm currently at stock height, do you think I'll have any rubbing issues even with the rear fully loaded?

You shouldnt have any rubbing issues at that ride height, even lowered i think you'll be fine unless your tires run larger than others.

Anyone have any experience with an all-season tire in the Summer? What kind of difference will I see?

Back