"NEW RECORD" Again. HiBoosted Supreportege's car keeps doing it... 12.003@ 115.29 MPH

wow, nice. I just saw this. good stuff. So wait was this at +30psi as juan stated before or @ 26psi as stated under superprotege's name?

Superprotege said:
This run was without nitrous. Manuel wanted to remove the rear wing to take weight out but I didn't want to. The rear wing is held down with screws and adhesive double side tape. The body shop did a good job and I didn't want to ruin it. This my daily driver and after the runs, we took off the slicks, put the regular tires on and drove from West Palm Beach to Miami. I didn't want to remove the front bumper either, I had to go to work the next day. I taught the track being messed was just an excuse other cars that were there that night were making because they didn't do good times but when I looked at the slips, I saw that it was only on the 1st run (before the sportsman cars with street tires ran) that we hit a 1.7 6o ft and kept getting 1.9 for the rest of the night. We are going to go back to the dyno to do some more tunning to see if 11s is possible with a VF 22 Turbo and a Haltech F10x.

You guys have nitrous on the car?

dam, i was gonna take the nitrous off my truck and spray the wagon but the truck is too fun

97Protegedx said:
What rods and pistons are you guys using on the pro?

The motor is built with pauter rods and lower compression Mazda pistons (exclusive from Hiboost) this way you do not have to remove the engine block to get it to a machine shop. You can do the internals swap in 6 hours and you are set to go, plus saving $$$100s in labor.

i cant wait to make the power i want on boost cuz im a nitrous junkie. ive sprayed every other car i owned and my dads truck. only left to spray is the p5.

is the f10x gonna be kosher with the nitrous? also, for you crazy fool with the crazy protege's, you think if you are able to get low 12's to very high 11's, that a nice shot will get you anywhere in the 10's? cause even if it's like 10.999 and you run that like twice, than that would be so f'in sweet I'd s*** my pantaloones

blackdragon11 said:
When's the next time your going to the track CWill?
im waiting on a new wastegate spring on other things then hopfully next week. more boost. ima gonna go up to 18psi and still pumpgas. try for 400+ WHP

CWiLL said:
i cant wait to make the power i want on boost cuz im a nitrous junkie. ive sprayed every other car i owned and my dads truck. only left to spray is the p5.
Guys, no nitrous here!!!, if we hit 11s with the current setup then, bigger turbo and Haltech EG6x engine managment may be next and possibly then we would put Nitrous in then. We want to go further in the next NHRA Sports Compact Event and show that proteges can compete at that level not only Hondas.

Superprotege said:
Guys, no nitrous here!!!, if we hit 11s with the current setup then, bigger turbo and Haltech EG6x engine managment may be next and possibly then we would put Nitrous in then. We want to go further in the next NHRA Sports Compact Event and show that proteges can compete at that level not only Hondas.
I forgot we are going to need an external wastegate also. CWILL, we should try for 11s without nitrous and hopefully get more support for our proteges (maybe even sponsorship). The last time we were at the track and took down a slightly modified corvette on the first two runs (see the slips with the 12.016 run/ it was vs the vette), the announcer in the booth at Moroso said "the protege must be on the bottle".

nhra takes alot, 11s are barley gonna quilfy on a good field of cars. those cars are going 9s at every track other then moroso. its gonna take alot more to get to that level. i dont doubt it but our cars are gonna need big turbos and gonna need to spin the motor to 8500 rpms or higher. valves and retainers, and springs and nasty cams

CWiLL said:
im waiting on a new wastegate spring on other things then hopfully next week. more boost. ima gonna go up to 18psi and still pumpgas. try for 400+ WHP

Sweet, I cant wait to see results, you got a LSD in now, right?

someone get a good video camera..this is going to be a good one to watch

CWiLL said:
nhra takes alot, 11s are barley gonna quilfy on a good field of cars. those cars are going 9s at every track other then moroso. its gonna take alot more to get to that level. i dont doubt it but our cars are gonna need big turbos and gonna need to spin the motor to 8500 rpms or higher. valves and retainers, and springs and nasty cams

Plus, you don't plan on stripping your interior and installing an 8 point cage.

CWill, you will hit mid 11s soon enough. You will be able to safely up the boost with your new wires.

Back