New P5 owner/ sad P5 owner

MexicanDragon

:
2003.5 Mazda Protege5
Hey all. Just got a 2003.5 silver P5 manual/moonroof/6disc... loving it so far. Then, on day 4, some truck kicked up something into my hood, dent/scrape/puncture. I'm sooooo mad right now. Anyways, I'm doing this from my cell... just moved, no internet yet.

So, the hood... fix, used trunk, new trunk, or carbon fiber? Don't want to do insurance... 500$ deductible... figure a cf hood isn't too much more. What are my options cost wise? Thanks guys, nice to be here/back. (was here when i was looking @ a p5 for a while, but got a steal on a caddy catera ... til the tranny went out...)

Check with your insurance, you may not have to pay that $500 deductible, as this wasn't your fault. It should be covered under your comprehensive insurance which is usually a lower deductible, and won't cause your rates to go up.

Welcome back! :D

Congrats on the new P5 and sucks about the hood... something to consider is that if you get another stock hood or get it fixed, the car will likely be worth more when you sell it, since mods generally depreciate value. But that is, if you ever decide to sell it.

I still have to get the nicks out of my hood from construction trucks hauling gravel. Nothing horrible, but the rocks took some paint off in some spots. Drove through highway construction for the first 3 years of ownership... not good for a car's paint job :(

Hey mods, i think i may have put this in the wrong sub-forum... if u need to tow it over to the "welcome" forums, feel free.

Thanks for the info, guys. I plan on keeping the car for a long while... 2 kids + wife make this a family-mobile, but even stock, its a fun car to drive in te twisties! I have stock upgraded 16" alloys with Kumho Ecsta Supra 711's. That's not a bad tire, but i'll want a gunmetal wheel with better rubber eventully. I have the window sticker, even. Said it has the 500$ polished alloys... they dont look polished to me, so don't know if there was a swap at all...
Anyways, I'll have to look up my final bloody papers on insurance about a comp deductible. Going to take it by the dealer's on monday to have them look at a squeal (wheel bearing? maybe just brake related. Its a rotational squeal coming from the back right between 5 and 25 mph). Don't worry, the repair was included in the price. (Picked it up for about 1900 under book as well... yay!)

OK... still on cell phone, this took 30 minutes to type, back to bed!

**BRENT**

MexicanDragon said:
Hey mods, i think i may have put this in the wrong sub-forum... if u need to tow it over to the "welcome" forums, feel free.

Thanks for the info, guys. I plan on keeping the car for a long while... 2 kids + wife make this a family-mobile, but even stock, its a fun car to drive in te twisties! I have stock upgraded 16" alloys with Kumho Ecsta Supra 711's. That's not a bad tire, but i'll want a gunmetal wheel with better rubber eventully. I have the window sticker, even. Said it has the 500$ polished alloys... they dont look polished to me, so don't know if there was a swap at all...
Anyways, I'll have to look up my final bloody papers on insurance about a comp deductible. Going to take it by the dealer's on monday to have them look at a squeal (wheel bearing? maybe just brake related. Its a rotational squeal coming from the back right between 5 and 25 mph). Don't worry, the repair was included in the price. (Picked it up for about 1900 under book as well... yay!)

OK... still on cell phone, this took 30 minutes to type, back to bed!

**BRENT**
Hey Brent, sorry to hear about the hood. And welcome to the family! Where do you live?

reynoldsrobbie said:
Hey Brent, sorry to hear about the hood. And welcome to the family! Where do you live?

Hey guys... i'm in Chattanooga, TN. I'm mad, I saw my dream color P5, Laser Blue Mica, i think, on my way home JUST after i found out about my hood. Bloody 'ell... anyways... back to the bowl...

**BRENT**

MexicanDragon said:
Hey guys... i'm in Chattanooga, TN. I'm mad, I saw my dream color P5, Laser Blue Mica, i think, on my way home JUST after i found out about my hood. Bloody 'ell... anyways... back to the bowl...

**BRENT**
Too bad you arent in CA. I have a stock hood and I got a hook up for CF hoods!

reynoldsrobbie said:

hey man... able to ship? how nice of a hook up? PM me if u need to ... which color stock hood?

lmk, thx

**BRENT**

reynoldsrobbie said:

hey man... able to ship? how nice of a hook up? PM me if u need to ... which color stock hood?

lmk, thx

**BRENT**

I had a huge dent from a rock taken out of my hood for about $300, not at a dealer, of course, but a reputable body shop in south florida.

Back