New P. E. P/Pope Downpipe and turbo manifolds.

I may do this... getting boost creep above 5000rpm. I'll port the internal wastgate and see if that helps before spending more money though.

I'd be surprised if you really need to EWG, but we'll see. Cleaning up the stock gate and making sure that you have your actuator adjusted properly may be all you need.

I'd be surprised if you really need to EWG, but we'll see. Cleaning up the stock gate and making sure that you have your actuator adjusted properly may be all you need.

That reminds me, I have an adjustable actuator in my spare parts box. One on the car now doesn't have a thread rod.

my mani arrived too, nice thick flange, love it.

btw i should have asked if the manifold come with gasket or not...

asked the local shop about the cometic MLS they gonna take 3-4weeks to get it, guess i should just reuse the OEM one?(installed this OEM manifold gasket about 9-11 mth ago with ebay manifold)

nothing wrong with good old felpro exhaust mani gasket.

pope, how far away from your ecu plan are you? i want to boost my protege 5 with your stuff thats just sitting here, but i dont wanna run the msp ecu..

nothing wrong with good old felpro exhaust mani gasket.

Yep, a multilayer metal gasket is a multilayer metal gasket.

pope, how far away from your ecu plan are you? i want to boost my protege 5 with your stuff thats just sitting here, but i dont wanna run the msp ecu..

I got setup as a Unichip dealer -> I'm fairly certain its the most powerful and functional tuning tool for the money.

How about megasquirt? Why not contact diy and get a quote to gets PNP units done?

I did... Its something that they're "working on" with no ETA. They suggested a DIY BOB connector with ms2 or ms3. It would have been $600+ and still would have required assembly and extras like GM sensors and the like. Its certainly the perfect solution for some, but I'm not one of them anymore. I've done it on two other cars, but I want to be able to hop in the car in any weather, hot or cold engine, pass an OBDII plug in check if needed, and only tune the car once per mod change.

Standalone requires many hours of fine tuning across multiple seasons and weather conditions. It took me over a year to get the tune dialed in on the yellow car. Every time I would think I had it, there would be a negative 5 degree morning, or I would stop at Walgreens after sitting in traffic on a 105 degree day and find it unhappy. Sometimes there would be months between issues, but it was always in the back of my mind. My customers generally appreciate after sale questions being answered and support when needed. I can't even begin to imagine the nightmare that selling MS would bring.

I did... Its something that they're "working on" with no ETA. They suggested a DIY BOB connector with ms2 or ms3. It would have been $600+ and still would have required assembly and extras like GM sensors and the like. Its certainly the perfect solution for some, but I'm not one of them anymore. I've done it on two other cars, but I want to be able to hop in the car in any weather, hot or cold engine, pass an OBDII plug in check if needed, and only tune the car once per mod change.

Standalone requires many hours of fine tuning across multiple seasons and weather conditions. It took me over a year to get the tune dialed in on the yellow car. Every time I would think I had it, there would be a negative 5 degree morning, or I would stop at Walgreens after sitting in traffic on a 105 degree day and find it unhappy. Sometimes there would be months between issues, but it was always in the back of my mind. My customers generally appreciate after sale questions being answered and support when needed. I can't even begin to imagine the nightmare that selling MS would bring.

I understand what your saying but the megasquirt can use the stock sensors for coolant and iat, furthermore run it on parallel and you retain obd2 functionality. I'm curious to see how the Unichip will do though.

I just want something to plug in and have the car run better/handle 10-12 psi of boost on an otherwise stock motor. I don't have time for for tons of tuning ect. Or the money.

I understand what your saying but the megasquirt can use the stock sensors for coolant and iat, furthermore run it on parallel and you retain obd2 functionality. I'm curious to see how the Unichip will do though.

You **can** use stock sensors, but it requires resistors or extra tables. It isn't a big deal, but its another thing to address. Parallel installs work fine, but when you do that you don't have anything better than a unichip, you've spent more, worked harder, and don't have a warranty if the unit dies because you built it. I hate to rain on the MS parade, but I believe there are only 2 places it makes sense. 1. track cars that don't need to be tuned for all sorts of environments. 2. The perpetual project car.

I just want something to plug in and have the car run better/handle 10-12 psi of boost on an otherwise stock motor. I don't have time for for tons of tuning ect. Or the money.

^This^ The great thing is that the unichip can do this, but it can also run a twin turbo 1000+hp V12. Its cheap, simple, functional, and more capable than even the most tuned msp will ever need it to be.

Excellent. After I get safe tires on I expect to buy one pope. Ssafc was alright. Simple install, cheap but was tempermental.

I'll standby for results. All I've managed to find about unichip are mixed reviews. Regardless the fact you've (pope) have taken steps to bring out quality parts to this platform is nothing short of a miracle so thank you!

I'll standby for results. All I've managed to find about unichip are mixed reviews. Regardless the fact you've (pope) have taken steps to bring out quality parts to this platform is nothing short of a miracle so thank you!

Thanks! I enjoy it, plus I'm close to breaking even on the manifolds. I might make some money on them after-all. :)

With any luck I'll have my unichip up and running within a week or so. I hope I'm not just drinking the juice, but I really feel like it will be the last tuning solution I ever use. The q series are a pretty significant improvement over the old models and now that they offer end users the ability to tune its pretty tough to beat - especially for the price. If the option to tune the stock ECU existed that would probably be the way to go, but I always have a different project car around the house and it will be awesome to have one solution that will work with pretty much everything.

Thanks! I enjoy it, plus I'm close to breaking even on the manifolds. I might make some money on them after-all. :)

With any luck I'll have my unichip up and running within a week or so. I hope I'm not just drinking the juice, but I really feel like it will be the last tuning solution I ever use. The q series are a pretty significant improvement over the old models and now that they offer end users the ability to tune its pretty tough to beat - especially for the price. If the option to tune the stock ECU existed that would probably be the way to go, but I always have a different project car around the house and it will be awesome to have one solution that will work with pretty much everything.

I sure hope you make a profit, you've done amazing work. Loving your downpipe. Also you brought up an excellent point. All the reviews I read were for their older unichip.

Back