New Owner woohoo :)

ampfp

(breakn)
Just got her yesterday! Used '02, 90kmi for under 6 grand
thinking of what I should do to the stock audio system...

any tips to reduce cabin noise? :)

Attachments

• P1010254 (copy).JPG
    P1010254 (copy).JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 712
Welcome! Nice to see another Classic Red on board.....and oh the memories of stockness. lol

Welcome. Audio options are out there, but I recommend sound deadening anywhere you can put it.

or just put together a system that is louder than anything else.....which i did....and no rattles....WOOT

i'ld recommend replacing the speakers first than HU.....

if ya wanna do subs, get them and an amp

then pick up a four channel for the doors

Just to get rid of the sound you need some subs to drown out the road noise. I did that first and well my mirrors are still vibrating. To do it right the first time you need to sound deaden then get the door speakers (amped preferably) then the subs then the HU. As to your '02 on red, I have mine on silver and no speeding tickets to date. (knock on wood)

Just to get rid of the sound you need some subs to drown out the road noise. I did that first and well my mirrors are still vibrating. To do it right the first time you need to sound deaden then get the door speakers (amped preferably) then the subs then the HU. As to your '02 on red, I have mine on silver and no speeding tickets to date. (knock on wood)

same here.....but i have had a cop come to my house to tell me to turn it down....and a neighbor came out while i was tuning it and told s*** was falling off his walls

1. Remove the roof racks (to help with noise).
2. Find a 2002.5 (with clear turn signals on the fenders ;) ) and get the door triangle (sail panels) for the tweeters. These can accomodate 1" JBL or Boston Accoustic (even better) tweets. Cut and glue 'em in.
3. Amps fit under the seats.
4. Do a 'grounding kit' to reduce alt noise.
5. Consider a fiberglas or wood sub box for the back.
6. Upgrade the front doors with 4" round speakers (I have the adapters - hit me up $10 + shipping NIB)

Welcome, I'm some what new as well. As far as audio goes I suggest a small sub in the trunk with an amp. I'm going to be making a fiberglass encloseur to fit in one of the trunks side spaces to hold an eight inch. Personally I think the stock speakers sound pretty good especially when playing a cd. If you have an ipod I recommend the GromAudio device for ipod intergration. Direct factory hook up and Charges while it plays, awsome sound. Search around on here and you will find tons of great ideas to mod your P5 on the cheap. Good luck and again welcome!

Welcome!! I'm somewhat new here as well and plan on doing a custom fibergalss box to hold an 8" sub one of the trunk side areas with a line out converter and a Grom audio device for my ipod. Sound sound awesome. I'll let you know how it goes. There's a ton of great mods on the cheap that can be done, just search for them and you'll have the answers you need. Again welcom to the forums!!!

yeah man upgrade the audio for sure, i mean, it's not that the speakers are too bad, but that 6 disk changer has got to go!! lol

Back