New Mazda owner 09 Mazda 6

My girlfriend just took delivery of a S Touring with Bose/moonroof package last night.

Being a MS6 owner and having driven/sat in both, I think it's a great car. It does need a few changes (wheels, transmission, etc.) but for a good sporty sedan, this is a great choice.

Congrats!!! (thumb)

ive had my 6 gt v6 for about a month now and i hate it... coming from a speed 6 to this car kinda sucks...i wish mazda made it possible to get the v6 with a 6speed...def. disappointed in my purchase... oh well, hopefully a speed 6 will come out sooner or later

ive had my 6 gt v6 for about a month now and i hate it... coming from a speed 6 to this car kinda sucks...i wish mazda made it possible to get the v6 with a 6speed...def. disappointed in my purchase... oh well, hopefully a speed 6 will come out sooner or later

The 09 Mazda 6 is definately not a Speed 6 replacement. I love the new 6, but definately not aimed at the same buyer as the Speed.

Didn't ya test drive it first?

Yup. The I4 is peppy enough if you row-your-own. The V6 is way overpriced considering it doesn't have a clutch :(

Anyhoo . . . "me too" on the just got one topic . . .

So, is this the *REAL* forum, or what? I found another one that looked pretty popular but it's dead over there. I had a bunch of questions (after reading the manual) but it didn't seem anyone was much around the other place.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get mine without that awkward half-thought-out stereo (Bose). Ordered the Workshop and Wiring Diagram (love how they call the ETM a "diagram" . . . hope it's not one run-on diagram :eek: ).

Otherwise, I'm loving the new car. She's a pretty lady dressed in red ;)

-Ernie

I took my '09 6s Touring down to the track and got a 14.9 with it. I can likely do better as it was my first time. It also corners very well and handles better (for me) then a 5-series BMW I test drove.

The 09 Mazda 6 is definately not a Speed 6 replacement. I love the new 6, but definately not aimed at the same buyer as the Speed.

yeah i know, but my wife is happy that she can drive my car too.. so i guess thats alright!! (cheers2)

It wouldn't surprize me if Mazda came out with a speed6 in 2011. They don't need it right now as the 6 is even or better with the competition.

Just purchase a M6 S GT. Bose and moonroof. The engine is really outstanding for the cost and when considering all the technology that the cars has there is no competition if you want to haul a family of 4 and still have a sporty feel with a lot of bells and whistles. Traded in a VW passat 2002 V6 and test drove the following (all V6's and 2009's): Camry, Lincoln MKS(because it has the same engine as the M6 S). Maxima SV, Acura TL. Loved the Maxima but there was an $8K delta is cost. The MKS was surprisingly sporty if I was 5 years older (I am 50) I would have purchased. One of my kids will get the S GT in about 4 years. The TL did nothing for me, above average for many things but nothing to grab me to justify the purchase (although quality history was a strong consideration). I refused to look at Chrysler or GM-I am already paying taxes to support them so why give them more $. Anyway, politics aside the S GT is very enjoyable. FYI, including trade-in out the door $24K (incl, tax, tag, etc)!!! That is value.

Back