New HiBoost Turbo Kit for 1.6 Proteges

RyanJayG said:
thats not what I hear about price differences between Garrett and IHI turbos. and Garrett just raised thier prices for dealers. maybe your supplier is being less than honest with you?

The VF22 is very popular and the price is good, but the VF24 is a special order from Japan. I am a direct distributor from IHI America. I use these units in smaller than 1.8 applications with very good results, but takes 4 to 6 months to get them after you place the orders. The good thing is that at least you can get them With Garrett you never know and yes, they raised the prices.

I found the VF24 for $799 online, and the VF29 (almost the same turbo, for those of you who don't know) for $850.
and these prices are retail.

hmm... but I do know about Garrett ordering woes right now... I'm STILL waiting on a GT3071R... Garrett needs to get off their asses and produce

RyanJayG said:
I found the VF24 for $799 online, and the VF29 (almost the same turbo, for those of you who don't know) for $850.
and these prices are retail.

hmm... but I do know about Garrett ordering woes right now... I'm STILL waiting on a GT3071R... Garrett needs to get off their asses and produce

Yes, they are advertised, but try to get 5 or 10 units.

but hey, like you said, it performed better anyways. thats what matters anyways.

but I also agree with your VF24 choice, I think its a more reliable, better turbo than the VF22. and iirc its a much newer turbo

RyanJayG said:
but hey, like you said, it performed better anyways. thats what matters anyways.

but I also agree with your VF24 choice, I think its a more reliable, better turbo than the VF22. and iirc its a much newer turbo

Maybe you are talkng about the VF34?

nah, I meant VF24, but the newness of it was an assumption. however from what I've read the VF22 is the least reliable of all IHI's turbos. maybe due to abuse, but who knows. and the VF34 is an expensive fucker comparatively. it is quite new in its design from what I understand.

RyanJayG said:
nah, I meant VF24, but the newness of it was an assumption. however from what I've read the VF22 is the least reliable of all IHI's turbos. maybe due to abuse, but who knows. and the VF34 is an expensive fucker comparatively. it is quite new in its design from what I understand.

My experinece tells me that the VF22 is Bullet proof. From IHI America, I get the VF34 for less than the VF24?????

is that a question? I didn't say the VF34 was cheaper, I said it was more expensive.

and I turned up all kinds of VF22 problems when I searched, most of them were described as turbine wheels dissentigrating. maybe there was a bad batch or something, but it wasn't just one or two.

oh well, every turbo has problems every once in a while

RyanJayG said:
is that a question? I didn't say the VF34 was cheaper, I said it was more expensive.

and I turned up all kinds of VF22 problems when I searched, most of them were described as turbine wheels dissentigrating. maybe there was a bad batch or something, but it wasn't just one or two.

oh well, every turbo has problems every once in a while

No, that is what I mean, I do get the VF34 for less than the VF24. I wonder why now.

oh, and sorry if my natural curiosity is bugging the s*** out of you. I'm like a cat... it will kill me one day.

i think you already answered this but it was in a pm, will you sell just the manifold and downpipe? and how much if you do?

My friend has a ported out VF34 on is subby and it's friggin bad. He had a lower VF series (don't know which one) but this one pulls harder. The other difference is a bit more lag on the VF34, but the power more then makes up for the lag. I think it was a grand for the turbo and another 300 something for the porting, he got it for $900.

havent been able to get on the boards lately because of mardi gras , but i just checked out the videos , and i am speachless.... i was gonna get rid of my car after tech college in a year or 2, but i think its worth an engine overhaul and tranny overhaul , then add hi-boost turbo kit...

Phals said:
When do you get full boost from the T25 and the VF24, whats the differance in lag?

The VF24 comes in earlier at like 3200 RPMs so it is less laggy. The top end is unbeatible with the VF24.

Juan

Back