New HiBoost Turbo Kit for 1.6 Proteges

I just finished the Turbo Kit for the 1.6 Protege. If anyone is interested just Pm me or e mail me at Juan@hiboost.com

The kit is available only on special order, but takes only 1 week to get all pieces togheter to ship it out.

It comes with all components as the P5 except with a smaller GT25R turbo and the intercooler piping is a bit different to clear the fog lights.

It can be ordered to use the stock air box or a 3 inch open end air filter.

Here are a few pictures.

The HP output is very good and the internals are very strong. The power went from 82 WHP stock to 178 WHP at 9 psi of boost.

Protege%201.6%20engine.JPG

Protege%201.6%20Front.JPG

Protege%201.6%20turbo.JPG

Man if I still had my 1.6 I would be throwing money at you right now. I know you are about to make a few guys incredibly happy. Good work.

Might I ask what you are using for the fuel management. I know THEGOLDPRO had some injector issues since the stock ones were not up to the job.

Protege2K said:
Man if I still had my 1.6 I would be throwing money at you right now. I know you are about to make a few guys incredibly happy. Good work.

Might I ask what you are using for the fuel management. I know THEGOLDPRO had some injector issues since the stock ones were not up to the job.

Oh yes, the kit comes with Haltech F10X fuel management system and larger injectors. The stockers were at 100% duty cycle at just 4 psi of boost.

Neat, you'll have some very happy guys with this kit.

:D

i am very interested. how much is the kit going to be. are you going to include any kind of emanage?

now gotta start saving money for this

Last edited:
Yes, Juan posted above that the kit includes the Haltech F10x for fuel management. A great unit.

Originally Posted by Hi Boost:
Oh yes, the kit comes with Haltech F10X fuel management system and larger injectors. The stockers were at 100% duty cycle at just 4 psi of boost.

mazpro said:
i am very interested. how much is the kit going to be. are you going to include any kind of emanage?

now gotta start saving money for this

It is $3,600.00 and yes, it includes a Haltech F10X and 4 larger injectors.

Haha, same here. This was about the time last year that I was getting ready to boost my 1.6. I am real curious just how much the 1.6 internals can handle. I'm sure Juan will eventually figure it out. ;)

Back