New guy here

Winterwagon

:
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition
Just wanted to see hello to all that read this. I am a car nut and with a new toy being added to the family I found the protege 5 to be the car. I am selling my 04 Jeep to buy a p5. I have been around for a week or so reading and looking at some of the nice rides here.
I have found a 03 auto yellow p5 for sale and think I am going to pick it up. Anything to look for? I am going with an auto for the wife and I can't seem to find any yellow manuals.
I will then add springs and some nice 17" black asa ar1's unless someone else has a good word about NEX-0??

Another new guy

Hey winter, I have that same car that you are looking into buying and I love it! I am not a car nut but I am interested in hooking up my ride. Please keep me posted on any mods that you do to your car. I am looking for Rims also.

Just wondering what a good price would be for a 2003 with 18K miles? I am trying to get something around $13K and think I can pick this one up for that price.

I have looked at wheel max and tire rack. The asa ar1 are nice but you can pick up the NEX-0 m7 I think for $200 less. I am not looking for a turbo but more of a car that gets 30mpg.

My jeep gets 15 mpg now so if I can double that and lower my car payment I would be in heaven.

Seems that either h&r or tein will be what I put on the car. I would like to see a nice lowered stance.

13k? jeeez. that's expensive in my opinion. got mine about 15k out the door brand new in june 2003. so i have like 19k miles for a 2003.5 p5 right now. think you can do way better than 13k. oh yeah. btw welcome to the forums!

good right now I have it for $10,900 I was hoping to get something sporty but have room for the family. The WRX is nice but I was lookign for something less expensive and I have heard things about the wrx that warn me not to buy.
I would love to have a manual but living in CO. I know the cold weather and the tranny knock will kill me. So the auto will do.

Welcome to the $$$$$ pit. You will get some good ideas of what to do and what not to do. Enjoy. Oh, by the way there is a dealer in Utah that just took a 2003.5 P5 in on trade today in Silver with a M/T and 11k miles. They are asking $14,900 (lol) (lol)

did I do something wrong or is this furom have the last post first and work backwards?

It's set that way automatically when you're a member, but you can change it to go in ascending order if you want to. Just go to User CP and look around.

Welcome to the forums. :)

If you haven't decided to already, you'll want to get a set of winter wheels for the car. I went through one winter (I'm in Canada) on the stock wheels/tires, but after getting a set of steelies and winter rubber, I'll never go without again. As you've probably found already, this place is a wealth of information with a lot of really great people (and cars!, can't forget the cars :) ).

Oh, and once that modding bug has bit you... Let's just say there's no turning back. :D

Wish I could mod it. More important stuff like buying a new home. I am 25 and have owned maybe 16 cars. I now need a garage for my toys and a place to work on them. I am from Nebraska, moved to texas last year, then moved to florida, now moving colorado next week. I haven't had a garage yet so no mods till then. I know a set of wheels and springs is easy to get but the cold air or intake is to hard for me. lol

Any advice where to shop?

Protege Garage (aka Captain KRM aka Ken) - if he doesn't carry something you're looking for, he can probably get it. Awesome vendor/person/service/etc. NSN Motorsports (aka Turfburn) is also a standup guy to deal with. There are other great vendors on the site as others will attest, but I've only had the pleasure of dealing with these two.

Back