New Front Rotors

You actually don't even need those screws. I pulled mine out while doing the winter/summer tire exchange, then a few weeks later did the brake and rotor change. They are nice to have to keep the rotors still while putting the caliper carrier back on, but other than that not needed just for future reference.

Koepell Mazda in Woodside, Queens just put on my new centric front rotors ($204 labor). Old rotors actually had a couple of ridges that cut the 5 month old pads a little bit. I think I should be ok with existing pads, bought the OEM's and they are NOT cheap. Will post key issues in the appropriate section, but aside from that, rotors seem to be real nice, and having the steering wheel NOT shake when you brake is really really nice. Thumbs up on centric rotors.

to spanky, koeppel didn't give you a problem about bringing them aftermarket rotors? I am just asking cause usually dealers are not to happy when you bring them parts of your own. Please let me know. If they are pretty cool about it i will have my brakes done there. Also did they give you a computerized receipt like they do when you bring it in for regular service?

Korn, they only warranted the 'labor' not the 'parts'. They were cool. Pam at the front desk was very helpful with my key insurance plan as well. Turns out Royal Guard only had me with a 2 yr contract, however, I had a signed contract going to 5 yrs. She was very helpful in pushing my case with them. I did get a printed out receipt with all the comments included.

Anyone tried to re-surface the rotors? I saw on the repair manual that re-surface is not recommend. But not sure why?

Back