New from Michigan

speed3LnR

:
2012 MazdaSpeed 3, Velocity Red
I just got my new 2012 Speed3 just over two weeks ago in the Velocity Red and am loving every day of driving it. Great improvement from my 2002 Saab 9-3, gotta love turbos. How do these do in the winter? I plan on getting winter tires, but just seeing if there was anything else anybody would recommend.

Welcome to the forum! (2thumbs) Great choice in car and color!

I drive my MS3 in the winter...just throw some winter tires (not all-seasons) on and the car will be great!

i just went to the tampa auto show and saw the 2012 spd3 in your couler of red. loved it like it better than my silver . have a 2011 my ava. is out of date

I went with winter tires and wheels from the tire rack. They have plenty of options in 16" wheels, and that helps save money on the tire choices too.

I changed to winter tires (bridgestone blizzak) as soon as it snowed, would have tried the stock first and see how it compared, but our first snow was a storm. I have no problem so far, definitely beat all season tires.

You will be fine in your speed in the winter, but definitely go with some winter tires. Fortunately, we don't really get much winter down here.

Just went mountain biking with my Speed3 and found a great photo spot just up the road, only taken with a phone camera, so not the highest quality. Also, due to the lack of a winter we had this year in Michigan, I ended up being able to save some money and stay with the stock tires.

photo (3).JPG

Like!!

Good spot!, too bad you didnt have a camera with you but really, nice pic! Hope you enjoyed the ride...

I'm in east Lansing and been thru winters with my genPu.
You can get blizzaks and they work awesome. I bought the general altimax for mine in 16s and it did work. Just so u know u can fit 16s steelies on and they def fit fine so tires will be 100x cheaper than getting snows for 18s.
Just look on tire rack for gen1 16inch size

Back