New CX-5 Owner Problems Pairing iPhone

nj01

:
Mazda 3
New CX-5 Owner Problems Pairing iPhone

I finally pulled the trigger on a Crystal Blue Mica 2016 AWD Touring. I'm really loving the car so far.

For some reason, my iPhone won't pair with the CX-5's Bluetooth. My iPhone menu is recognizing "Mazda" on the Bluetooth menu, but it won't connect. I have another Mazda and I thought maybe it was interfering with the pairing, so I tried it when I was parked far away from my other Mazda -- still no luck. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I finally pulled the trigger on a Crystal Blue Mica 2016 AWD Touring. I'm really loving the car so far.

For some reason, my iPhone won't pair with the CX-5's Bluetooth. My iPhone menu is recognizing "Mazda" on the Bluetooth menu, but it won't connect. I have another Mazda and I thought maybe it was interfering with the pairing, so I tried it when I was parked far away from my other Mazda -- still no luck. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Has the phone ever been paired yet to the cx5?

If not, you need to create another pairing separate from your Mazda3 Bluetooth link. As the "MAZDA" you see on the iPHONE Bluetooth menu is your other MAZDA 3 Bluetooth link.

Yep no problem pairing but have never gotten text messages or notifications to work.

Like the one poster said, you possibly need to create a separate profile for the CX-5 if you have it paired to the mazda3 as well. It's showing Mazda, but which mazda? I suspect its looking for the Mazda3 and not your CX-5. How to go about doing that, I don't know.

For those not seeing notifications or texts showing up you need to make sure you have turned on the notifications feature on the Iphone itself. Go into Settings > Bluetooth > select the circle I next to the Mazda CX-5 device > Slide the "show notifications" to on (green). The default with the iphone is off and often after updating software it defaults back to off.

Like the one poster said, you possibly need to create a separate profile for the CX-5 if you have it paired to the mazda3 as well. It's showing Mazda, but which mazda? I suspect its looking for the Mazda3 and not your CX-5. How to go about doing that, I don't know.

For those not seeing notifications or texts showing up you need to make sure you have turned on the notifications feature on the Iphone itself. Go into Settings > Bluetooth > select the circle I next to the Mazda CX-5 device > Slide the "show notifications" to on (green). The default with the iphone is off and often after updating software it defaults back to off.
Tried that, tried un pairing then pairing. Tried everything nothing can get it to work

Tried that, tried un pairing then pairing. Tried everything nothing can get it to work

Here is an important step...

Turn the ignition to the ON position, push the START/STOP button twice without pushing the brake pedal.

If the engine is running, or the car is in ACC mode, it will not pair.

Here is an important step...

Turn the ignition to the ON position, push the START/STOP button twice without pushing the brake pedal.

If the engine is running, or the car is in ACC mode, it will not pair.

Ahh, that must be the problem. I think I tried it once with the engine running and another time in ACC mode. I will give this a shot. Thanks!

P.S. the phone has never been paired to the CX-5, just the Mazda3

Ahh, that must be the problem. I think I tried it once with the engine running and another time in ACC mode. I will give this a shot. Thanks!

P.S. the phone has never been paired to the CX-5, just the Mazda3

If you have further trouble, here is the MAZDA USA link for the Bluetooth/Mazda Connect System. After putting in your vehicle type, and phone type, you will get personalized instructions for your particular setup. If you still are having trouble, there is a CONTACT US area to call Mazda and get individual human help.

http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/vehicle_select?return_to=%2Fhome%3Flanguage%3Den-US

If you have further trouble, here is the MAZDA USA link for the Bluetooth/Mazda Connect System. After putting in your vehicle type, and phone type, you will get personalized instructions for your particular setup. If you still are having trouble, there is a CONTACT US area to call Mazda and get individual human help.

http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/vehicle_select?return_to=%2Fhome%3Flanguage%3Den-US

Thanks again. I tried your tips and it paired within about 10 seconds. Very easy setup once I had the ignition in ON and not ACC.

Now if I can just figure out this recall over potential fuel leaks......

Back