Menu indicators or error codes? 2022 CX-5 OBD scan

Hello,

I have a 2022 CX-5 Premium that I bought around a week ago. Today I connected amy very simple OBD II scanner just to see if there were any codes. Attached is what I got - #7E8 and #7E9. I believe these are just menu indicators? I don't see them when I connect the scanner to my 2009 Camry so I am not familiar with those codes/menu options. When I go into them, there is no code - no current, pending, or stored.

I think this is not something to worry about but I wanted to double-check here since I don't know cars. I read somewhere that these are not codes themselves but they let me know that there are codes. When I go see the codes though, there are no codes so I am confused. I also read somewhere that 7E8 and 7E9 are fuel/air intake codes... But, again, there are no codes when I check if there are real codes.

I am within the return window. If these were indicators of past codes/problems, I can just return the car. I don't want to deal with a 2022 car with 12k miles on it with problems. I love the car so far but no energy/time for that. But I don't want to return the car because my old-ass OBD scanner is giving me menu options since it is a newer car either :D

Thanks!

Thanks
PXL_20230727_170947205.jpg

To my knowledge those are just the identification codes for the Engine Control module and the Transmission Control Module (Auto Trans) and you can choose each to see if any respective codes are stored in each of them.

To my knowledge those are just the identification codes for the Engine Control module and the Transmission Control Module (Auto Trans) and you can choose each to see if any respective codes are stored in each of them.
Thank you. When I chose them to see if there is any code, it says there is no code. I guess everything is good then. I scanned it today with an OBDLINK MX+ and it also did not give any codes.

Thank you. When I chose them to see if there is any code, it says there is no code. I guess everything is good then. I scanned it today with an OBDLINK MX+ and it also did not give any codes.
Not surprising. When I scan my 2014 it shows no codes for either module. Never has actually since new.

Back