New car

Hi guys im in the market of buying a new car. I like the speed6 but i need to clear up a couple things cuz this car will not stay stock. Whats the power limit on stock tranny and internals. What are major ups and downs of this car? Good brand to buy for the mazda. Are they reliable? Thanks a lot guys any commnets will be good :)
Looking ar 2007 model by the way

car is great. drives and handles pretty nicely. but if youre looking to mod and get tonnes of power out of a car this is not the one for you. so far the most anyone has gotten out ofthese motors is around 386 whp, and thats fully bolted big turbo and tune.

but if you want something a little different then all the evos and stis with a moderate amount of power this is a good choice.

I dont want to buy an sti or an evo i know there about the same price but everyone has one its gotten so boring i want something diffrent but with the same potential i was looking at a 05 audi a4 since i cant afford an s4 but maintance and parts are really expensive and i cant really think of a car with the same potential as an sti or evo other then a mazda. Any suggestions?

well what kind of power goals are you looking at? cause remember with tones of power comes lots of maintaqnce and not a very reliable daily driver. the ms6 can be made a 300whp dd and still pretty reliable.

Hands down a faster better handling performance minded car than a B6 A4. stock for stock we have 100 more horsepower, bigger brakes, tighter suspension, etc. I would make sure that I test drove all of the cars before I decided which one to buy.

Well im looking at about 600 horses well i have a daily driver so im not worried about it.

You want 600 horses either go The RWD with a big V8 or go FD, 3SGT-E, 2JZGT-E route. The Mazdaspeed 6 is the wrong car to get 600horses. A fully built MS6 would top around 400-450 if that

Well im looking at about 600 horses well i have a daily driver so im not worried about it.

haha 600 horses out of this car is actually impossible atr this point. theres a couple companys working on different things, but as of right now 350 whp is the best youre going to do. get an s4 and do it up, they can take the power u want

the s4 is a really expensive car and its hard to maintain since it is a german enginered car so parts our way to expensive. I would love to get a 2jzgtte but that car is way to expensive. Its either i get a new car or a swap a 3sgte and fully build that in my camry.

buy an sc or is lexus chassy and put the 2jz in it! i would go with the is chassy with the gte! my brother has in sc300 with a 2jzgte with mild bolt ons and that car runs like a bat outa hell!

or if u want cheap fast get an srt4. i kno everyone hates on those little cars, but they can be made to go stupid fast, and i kinda even like the way they look. if u dont mind a bit of torque steer haha

Or you could find yourself an rx7. The older nissan Z models would do the trick with a lot of work too.

Or if you wan't to go domestic you can get yourself a V8.

A mustang GT with full headers / exhaust / intake / cams / supercharger kit would be pushing 400 whp without too much $$ / trouble.

the s4 is a really expensive car and its hard to maintain since it is a german enginered car so parts our way to expensive. I would love to get a 2jzgtte but that car is way to expensive. Its either i get a new car or a swap a 3sgte and fully build that in my camry.

+1 for hot rodding a front wheel drive camry. (thumb)

if your looking to get 600 hp out of any of the awd tuners your looking at spending a lot of money. the evo, sti, audi or even the neon it will require loads of money to get there. if your willing to shell out that kinda money then buy the ms6 and invest the money into making this car that fast and be the first one to do it. buy an upgraded motor and get a bigger turbo...great tune.....better axels and pretty much a whole new drive train will get you close to 600 whp after spending over $15,000-$25,000. goodluck! hope you have one outstanding job to pay for all of this! in the end i am sure anything can be done if your willing to spend the money to do so.

but by the sounds of it if your complaining about the maintenance of the audi or even buying the s4 then i dont think your ready to spend the money on making any 600 whp car.

Go buy a Terminator Cobra, throw a bigger s/c, taller gears, wider rear wheels, and some other mods with a good tune and you'll hit 600rwhp all day on the stock block.

This car isn't a rocketship, and it won't ever be. Like smokey said, if you want to be the first, I don't think anyone here will stop ya, but if you want to be practical, you're gonna need a few more cylinders.

Is it even possible to get STi's and EVO's to 600whp. The main reason they have more power than the MS6 in the first place is because they come with big turbo's, which would surely mean less room for further power increases. You would have to change so much to make an MS6 get to 600whp that the only parts you would keep would be some of the body panels. It would be easier to get a big V8 and work on that engine, then put a custom body on it to make it look like an MS6.

Not if you want to drive the car more than once at least. Otherwise...

4nos.jpg

yes evo's and sti's can make around 600 awhp. the evo can be stroked out to 2.3, good tune new bump sticks ect. there are a few pushing around that number on a stock block. the highest awhp evo with the 4g63 is around 1100 awhp built by AMS tuning

Back