New Brake Pads Issue

joneb4evr

:
02 Mazda Protege5
Anyone know what's causing this?
P1010276.jpg

And knows how to fix it?
As you can tell its only grabbing about the top quarter of the pad only. :(

Were the calipers pins lubed up really good? Were the pads actually bedded in after installation? Is this the front or rear?

i didn't lube up anything. :( they are the front brakes. i didn't get to bed them. can it be fixed?

That's the front? Your front discs aren't vented? Or is the rust hiding them? I'd start over. Something's way not right. I'd have to check how pads are seated in the caliper. Don't wait, you're ruining the disc like that. Might wanna get'em turned anyway based on how that looks. What kind of pads are you using? Is the inside one doing that? Is the other side doing it too? Fronts have sliders too, make sure they move smoothly while you have pads out. Based on where you live I know salt on winter roads isn't issue but you're close to Corpus aren't you? Beach action=salty too. Check the sliders. How are the rears doing? Check it check it check it. I just did pads, rotors & lines & made sure sliders all good front & back. All of mine, inside & out, are all evenly bedded in with equal contact strips on discs.

Last edited:
Mine did the same at one point. I replaced the rotors and checked the lube on the pins. i also replaced the pads.

Which one (or all) fixed it - i don't know. I have not had it again evah'!

yea i live south of corpus about an hour and a half away from the beach. i moved the sliders fine. the caliper was pushed in with a c clamp with the old brake pad. i didn't lube anything. i just did a 700 mile trip with these like this and i just had them cut when i installed the brake pads. i don't know the brand but they are the one-year warranty kind. i don't have the money for new pads or discs. :( i could probably get them cut again, but i doubt they'll do it again.

Back