New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You believe Mazda will do this (uhm)

Tons of OEM Mazda parts are on eBay cheaper then the dealer prices. Add in ebays various 15-20% promo codes it will be pretty cheap.

Now the question is, is it going to be a pain in the ass to install it or not. I want to see some YouTube videos.

Tons of OEM Mazda parts are on eBay cheaper then the dealer prices. Add in ebays various 15-20% promo codes it will be pretty cheap.

Now the question is, is it going to be a pain in the ass to install it or not. I want to see some YouTube videos.

Ahh, ok I understand now. Thanks (cheers2)

Can*t wait to buy a self install kit off eBay with a 20% off coupon
All the parts to do it yourself are already available for purchase if you know where to look. Sucks that Mazda is charging so much for something that actually costs so little (hardware wise). I'm guessing they are trying to get a decent return on the cost of software development (integration with the connect system). The more I read, the more I'm convinced I'm just going to buy the parts and do the install myself.

All the parts to do it yourself are already available for purchase if you know where to look. Sucks that Mazda is charging so much for something that actually costs so little (hardware wise). I'm guessing they are trying to get a decent return on the cost of software development (integration with the connect system). The more I read, the more I'm convinced I'm just going to buy the parts and do the install myself.

Ive only heard so far that one of the 2 USB port things on eBay does not work. Im going to wait a couple of weeks for people to find the good and bad hardware sellers

Android Auto and Apple Carplay now available on the CX-5 in Germany as of today - here's an Instagram post from a Mazda dealer there:

nzpxxc.png

Is it my understanding that owners of 2018 grand touring in USA will have to pay for android auto? It won't be free?

Is it my understanding that owners of 2018 grand touring in USA will have to pay for android auto? It won't be free?

Are you referring to current owners who want to upgrade (uhm)

If so then all current owners regardless of model or grade will need to pay for the upgrade

Android Auto and Apple Carplay now available on the CX-5 in Germany as of today - here's an Instagram post from a Mazda dealer there:

nzpxxc.png

Damn....I wish the dealers here would do this kind of work on US Vehicles....

I guess it cant hurt to ask though.

Ive only heard so far that one of the 2 USB port things on eBay does not work. Im going to wait a couple of weeks for people to find the good and bad hardware sellers
I've been following the thread on the *other* board and it seems the Aux port has two verions. One version is for the Chinese market (which has had AA/CP for a while now) and the other verion is the upgrade part for other markets which are now transitioning to AA/CP. The old Aux unit part number is TK78-66-9U0A, and that MAY not work. The correct part number for the new AUX Unit is TK78-66-9U0C. As far as I've read, if you buy the correct parts, everything should work once the software is released into the wild.

OK what the **** Mazda? Seriously. I don't even really care that much about AA or ACP as I have stated NUMEROUS times. But my god... to ONLY keep mentioning the 6?!? You are going to piss a lot of people off if you don't start talking about the rest of your cars...
Please share with me your thought process here? Don't want to overload your dealers? Stock issues?

From my understanding, the upgrade is free to the 2018's. If so, that works out great for Mazda for taking care of the 6. Mazda only sold 20K 6's compared to 93K CX-5's. That's less money out of Mazda's pocket while screwing over the buyers of it's highest volume seller. IMO, that's bad business by alienating the buyers of your highest selling vehicle.

A slow roll out makes sense though after hearing some replies from Mazda on this via Twitter. They don't want to piss off dealers or owners and they surely would if it was available in every car on say, Sep 1st. If it, indeed takes 2 hours and I one dealer can do 4 or 8, maybe 12 cars a day. In addition to "normal service"? Maybe 4 or 8.
Dealers would be swamped and imagine how pissed you'd be if you called for an appt on the first. If you'd even get through, imagine being told "we can get you in on March 3rd".
Slowly roll it out. Maybe not this slow...but all at once would be disasterous.

A slow roll out makes sense though after hearing some replies from Mazda on this via Twitter. They don't want to piss off dealers or owners and they surely would if it was available in every car on say, Sep 1st. If it, indeed takes 2 hours and I one dealer can do 4 or 8, maybe 12 cars a day. In addition to "normal service"? Maybe 4 or 8.
Dealers would be swamped and imagine how pissed you'd be if you called for an appt on the first. If you'd even get through, imagine being told "we can get you in on March 3rd".

Do it right the first time please. So take your time

Agree. They also get PR each time it becomes available on each model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back