New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A slow roll out makes sense though after hearing some replies from Mazda on this via Twitter. They don't want to piss off dealers or owners and they surely would if it was available in every car on say, Sep 1st. If it, indeed takes 2 hours and I one dealer can do 4 or 8, maybe 12 cars a day. In addition to "normal service"? Maybe 4 or 8.
Dealers would be swamped and imagine how pissed you'd be if you called for an appt on the first. If you'd even get through, imagine being told "we can get you in on March 3rd".
Slowly roll it out. Maybe not this slow...but all at once would be disasterous.

OR let customers buy the sku from dealers and publish a DIY (flash)

That's total bulls***. 2 hours of labor is what... Worst case $150/ hr? So the part
..is $250?!? Or more.
Screw you Mazda. I'll keep my hack if it's anywhere close to that. Shouldn't be surprised though....this is the company that charged $400...for an SD Card.

That's total bulls***. 2 hours of labor is what... Worst case $150/ hr? So the part
..is $250?!? Or more.
Screw you Mazda. I'll keep my hack if it's anywhere close to that. Shouldn't be surprised though....this is the company that charged $400...for an SD Card.

See below please:

CX-8 GENUINE Car Play and Android Auto.

Yes it's related to CX-8 but applies across the board

That's about $400 US if I've done the conversion correctly.

Dropped into the dealer to have a rattle from the MZD display checked. I asked the service guy to run the part numbers through their system and they came back with a guide price of 350.

The service guys was really interrested to know where i got the part numbers from, and why there was such a difference in price vs the one he had heard/quoted. He is waiting for a collegue to pop back off holiday to check with him, and then followup with Mazda technical UK.

Here in the US, I was at the dealer on Sunday for oil change, tire rotation, and I asked about it. They had no idea when or pricing. The sales manager took my information. He said a rep comes in every other week and he will bring it up. He said usually people on the Internet find out about this stuff before the dealer.

I'd like it for a few things. IOS12, WAZE. Also SiriusXM (Better sound quality and $5 a month streaming fee - cheaper), Plus more channels.

Dropped into the dealer to have a rattle from the MZD display checked. I asked the service guy to run the part numbers through their system and they came back with a guide price of 350.

The service guys was really interrested to know where i got the part numbers from, and why there was such a difference in price vs the one he had heard/quoted. He is waiting for a collegue to pop back off holiday to check with him, and then followup with Mazda technical UK.

That's AUD $610.

More than the supposed AUD $550 they will offer here.

(hmm)

Charging more than BMW for CarPlay. Way to go Mazda.

giphy.gif

My parents' Macan does not have Android Auto. Not available at all.
Sucks for me when I'm driving it, although I really shouldn't complain. God that thing is a monster and a blast to drive... Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back