NEMOC Random BS Thread

hmmmmm, it all sound so expensive! im having trouble getting a hold of the guy who backed into me now about getting money. got his plate now and i know where he lives so we will see if I can use that with the police to get him.

if he ends up blowing me off, i will probably have the bumper painted instead of doing the drop.

exam this morning! hope it goes well :)

Morning all.

mom is great...talked to her today, she's still in fl...my daughter and her husband drove down to see her and arrived today. she'll be 79 this june. thanks for asking....hows your folks doing, dad?

Parents are doing well. Dad's short term memory is bad, can't leave messages with him anymore. But his decline seems to have slowed. I'm not looking forward to old age.

Anyone gonna be around Friday night? Might be able to meet for dinner or something.

I'm free, oh wait, crap.

Drive back was kind of grueling. 1st part of lower 89 was icy, 4 cars off the road and 2 end over end and upside down. Rig seemed to hold fine, but hard to tell if any of the wheels are slipping. Trailer towed fine with no issues other than 0-60 is 2 mins. Checked the mileage once, 8.6 MPG, lol, glad all the gas I purchased was in the US.

Unloading today and take the rig back to Uhaul.

UHaulandCar.jpg

doesn't sound good...do whats the news?

It was more uncomfortable than anything but when he shocked me under the armpit and at the base of the neck....woo, boy did I feel alive! haha And I hate needles to begin with so the last portion of the test plain sucked. He really didn't go into detail but I follow up with the Dr. next Wednesday to discuss the results along with those from my MRI so I'll know more then.

hmmmmm, it all sound so expensive! im having trouble getting a hold of the guy who backed into me now about getting money. got his plate now and i know where he lives so we will see if I can use that with the police to get him.

if he ends up blowing me off, i will probably have the bumper painted instead of doing the drop.

exam this morning! hope it goes well :)

You know the motto 'gotta pay to play' lol For what I listed above you could buy OEM parts for around $200 or so and more than likely send $50-$100 worth of them back. PITA but I'd rather pay for it up front and have it on hand then to realize I need it once the car has been taking apart.

Sux about the guy that hit ya and hope you can track him down

Good luck on that exam!

Sounds like a scary little trip, especially with a trailer in tow. Sad to hear of your dad but good that his decline seems to be slowing down. Tamz grandmother is the same...there are days where she doesn't remember anyone's names. :(

it seems to me more and more people are suffering with alzheimer's and dementia...a friends husband 52..is bad and going down hill fast...

Front tire is losing 20psi every 2 days. Guess the summer wheels will be going on this weekend. The tire has a bubble and I already patched it once. This was the last winter for them so I'll start shopping for new snow tires. Any deals to be had this late in the season? I'm watching craigslist but haven't seen anything popup yet.

Front tire is losing 20psi every 2 days. Guess the summer wheels will be going on this weekend. The tire has a bubble and I already patched it once. This was the last winter for them so I'll start shopping for new snow tires. Any deals to be had this late in the season? I'm watching craigslist but haven't seen anything popup yet.

I have something similiar going on. Rear PS tire keeps losing pressure albeit not as much as yours but since it's the last season for them, I'm not getting it fixed (just started about three weeks ago). I keep an eye on it and have filled it about once a week. Still waiting for temps to get a bit higher before putting the summer's on. I've been looking too but haven't found any great deals. If I come across one, I'll let you know.

It sucks you can't trust anyone!!!!! Always call the cops and get a police report, no matter how small the accident was. At least that way you know they have his license, registration and insurance on file. They you can just tell your insurance company what happened and the case number. Up to them to do all the work for tracking him down and making him pay. Thats what you pay your insurance company for.

It sucks you can't trust anyone!!!!! Always call the cops and get a police report, no matter how small the accident was. At least that way you know they have his license, registration and insurance on file. They you can just tell your insurance company what happened and the case number. Up to them to do all the work for tracking him down and making him pay. Thats what you pay your insurance company for.
Yeah, if you try to contact the guy to settle things w/o insurance and he doesn't respond, Call your insurance company and give them the info. They will track him down.

my daughter got jacked once too...rear ended on an off ramp, guys says he'll pay cash and doesn't want to go through his ins...tells her he works "right over there" at xyz company, here's my number....you guessed it...never found him $500+ damage

Talk to Gary.... He happens to have a set of barely used Blizzaks on RX-8 wheels.

we made a few too many insurance claims in the past few years and my mother didnt want another one added on, but if he bails ill go the route of having my insurance track him down for me.

also, if i pick up those springs, i wont buy any other suspension parts until my bike is how i want it so the springs could maybe sit around for a bit before they go on

Last edited:

While I'm not a big fan of that either for the Blizzaks I must say that my three season used WS-50s worked quite well last year during a couple of snow storms. I was able to plow a couple of roads for the township with no issues. That said it's still a deterrent for me to spend the premium for new ones and the same goes for Dunlops.

+2

This is what I'm getting after few decision ... but when winter comes back I'll be getting 2x of this

Tony, I think you'll like the DWS. I have the DW and loved them last fall in both wet and dry conditions. Sidewalls are a tad soft but isn't a major gripe for me as it is for some.

I'm not a fan of the Blizzaks anyway because only half of their tread is actually winter compound.

i think blizzaks are great (especially the WS-50's).

chris, aren't most snow tires the first 30-50% snow tread and then the remaining are good all season tires?????

-R

I can't afford another set of wheels. I'm not a fan of the Blizzaks anyway because only half of their tread is actually winter compound.
Firstly, only "regular" WS Blizzaks are like that (Dunlop Graspic as well). LM Blizzaks are full on all winter tread.

But so what, you shouldn't be driving them in the snow by the time they hit half tread wear. Minimum effective wet tread depth is 4/32nds, minimum effective snow is 6/32nds. MS6-sized Blizzak WS starts out at 12/32nds tread. So when you hit 55% wear, when all seasons tread hits, you have 5.4/32nds left. At that time, you should be looking at getting new snows. Sure, you do lose the ice traction at that point, which is useful no matter the tread depth.

If you factor in the cost difference between WS-70 vs LM or other higher-performance Blizzaks, this is a sensible choice.

However, my WS-60s were like driving on pudding. Never buying regular snow tires again.

Back