NEMOC Random BS Thread

Bruce, it was for the upcoming SCCA regional race this weekend. There was also 2 ALMS cars running, they were GT40's

GAAHH!!! I kick myself every single day I start then stop. Where did you apply (maybe its a few threads back I don't know). I want to go back. I have received my green belt. Good for you! Congrats.

Lol.. the post about the school is 3 posts above yours..

One of the only reasons I'm going back is because work will pay for it... Sucks that they got rid of that program Chris.. maybe it'll come back in a few years.

I'm really curious what type of people will be in my classes...

They do 100% reimbursement at the end depending on the grades.. but they're going to help me out with a little up front.

I have a new found respect for people that do automotive body work and paint. Phew...I'm beat.

Body work/paint is definitely an art form that requires a lot of patience. I've done a little bit of it a long long time ago.

Sure is, but feels great. Love getting my hands dirty.

Here's the hood with the basecoat ready for wetsanding.
hood_paint2.jpg

Prepping the roof for primer.
roof_prime.jpg

Roof, trunk, and a couple spots on the doors are primed.
car_prime.jpg

getting out of my car I dropped my coffee and spilled all down the e-brake and its underneath the center console so now I'm going to have to rip that apart so it doesn't smell like a rotten creamsicle.

GAAHAHHHAHAH ....serenity now....serenity now... serenity now!!!

Oh and I threw the missfire code last night again and also got P0304 which would be the cylinder 4 I believe. It only occurs after a long sit right after one of my HARD start ups. I never have an issue while driving.

^yous be a funny man.

I'd never paint a nice car with rattle can. This is just a quick and dirty job.

Do what? Paint the whole car? Patch work is fine for using the can, I'm talking about what I'm doing now. It's not the nicest thing, but it'll do. Just like how I painted my rear aero flares. Small item.

Back