Need some advise ASAP

kenpo1441

So I have been having issues with my car over the last few months and I seem to be getting nowhere with the dealership that is responsible.

A few months back I had my transfer case and clutch replaced under warranty. After I got the car home, I noticed that I had no coolant in the tank and the CV boot was leaking badly. So I took the car back in and it was repaired under warranty. Yet again, a few days later I discovered an axel seal was leaking; so back to the dealer and a day later, my car was ready.

For the last few weeks, I have heard what sounded to be an exhaust leak and a strong smell of coolant coming from the backside of the engine bay. One evening my dad (who has been a mechanic for 40+ years) and I decide to investigate the issues and found numerous problems.

As we were taking the car apart, we discovered many of the nuts and bolts were rounded off, o2 sensors were installed incorrectly and bolts were missing. The mechanic also cut the heat shield that goes between the upper converter and the turbo so he it would be easier for him to re-install. A hole on the exhaust side of the turbo was stripped out, repaired incorrectly with a stud and nut from a local part store. In addition, a cooper ring from the banjo fitting for the coolant line one the turbo was missing, and many more issues that are less significant.

I went into the dealer today with my dad and brother to express my concern with the service manager. Of course, he told me that he needed to contact his regional rep to get authorization to order the new parts. While talking to the service manager the mechanic that worked on my car came out and let me know that since I had taken the turbo off the car that I voided my warranty. My dad then let the mechanic know that we were not there to speak with him and that he needed to go away. The mechanic then proceed to tell my dad that he didnt need to be an asshole and walked away. We told the service manager that all we wanted where the parts that their mechanic screwed up so we could get my car running again, nothing more.

About five hours after we left I received a call from the service manager and he informed me that he was told by the regional rep that he was not allowed to give me any parts that were covered under warranty (said that it was part of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act). He also said that if I wanted my car repaired that I need to bring it in and have it evaluated by a certified technician.

All the of the parts listed above are not defective, but instead were damaged by an incompetent mechanic. I think that the parts should be paid for by the dealership responsible for all of this.

If anyone has any input or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I have pictures of everything

http://forum.***************/index.php?show...p;#entry1203930

Back