need some 16s wheel SPECIFICATION

pjdublada858

:
2002 mazda protege5
I'm currently looking around for some rims for 2002 Mazda Protege5. Some brands I came across are some forged race-vce(Rotiform), forged race-tmb(Rotiform), forged race-sjc(Rotiform), emotion cr kiwami (Work), emotion 11r(Works) and pf01(Enkei). Can someone give me a suitable wheel specs for my 195/45/16 tires? Also, what's the highest offest can I have because I'm planning to go a deep dish look?

-Thanks

I think you asked this before; deep dish wheels are like ...

vs-kf-127x9-5-27.jpg

I don't think you can do deep dish on P5 without drastically shortening the axles or lift the car so the wheels can stick out past the fenders. :)
DSC_0123.jpg

Below is a link to a site that shows fitment of wheels on cars. The specific page I am sending allows you to set the current wheels and what you want to do and it will tell you of any issues with the wheels/tires you select.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Did you look at the stance thread? I provided the link to you after you asked before I posted up the wheel/tire combo with pictures. I am running 16x8 +50 with 8mm spacers which puts my wheels at +42 offset. I am literally flush with the side of the rear fender. If you run anything lower than what I have you can sort of see what it would be with a 16x8 wheel. All specs differ with different widths and offset to include wheel design as well. You can get an idea by looking at what the others are running on their cars in the Stance, Slammed threads. Try going from there. We can't tell you exactly what you can run as when you run certain offsets you will need to camber your wheels to fit. Only way is if you copy someone elses wheels and specs. The wheels you chose up top for us to look at do nothing to help without width, design and offset and then you have to see if certain specs are available.

Here are two sites I frequent a lot to get an idea.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

http://www.tyrestretch.com/

Just to show you what I plan on doing:

Green is what I have now and Orange is what I want more or less to end up with. And yes I will need to run a bit of camber to fit them right, not a lot like many. This is my ideal set up +/- 5mm.

WHEELOFFSET.png

Now imagine with +22mm more..... yea almost an inch more ( 0.866141 " to be exact )

DSCN0009.jpg

Last edited:
yay for FD's! look nice in bronze, too :D

Thanks! I love them but I need something different now. Tire shop refuses to balance/rotate due to my spacers. I say it's bull but in order for them to do the work I have to take them off myself everytime and take it to them to get them balanced. Sucks as I don't always have the wifes Speed3 to do this.

( Discount Tire as I have lifetime rotate/balance for the life of the tires ) (eyeballs)

Last edited:
why not throw in the back of the protege5? do you still have the stock wheels?

why not throw in the back of the protege5? do you still have the stock wheels?

Yes but only three and all tires are shot. Trust me I would if I could. I was thinking of buying some steelies and just buy some used tires to do this but it's not practical for me right now to do so. I will see what I can come up with.

if you didn't live so far away, i have a set of stock protege wheels i'd sell you. then, i could get some 18's for the wife's mazda5 :D

@darkangel: I'ma take a look on the wheel dimensions and put it into the cart. Then, I'll see from there. Thanks again. Time for more research haha.

Back