Need Help with TPMS

zmixter

:
2009 Mazda3 iSedan
So here's the situation: I had my stock rims with TPMS on my car, I just bought mazdaspeed3 wheels with tires and two of the four TPMS in those were bad. And when I have the speed wheels on the car the TPMS light flashed. So I took my car to a tire place and they swapped out the two bad TPMS with two of my original ones off my old wheels. Now the light still flashes, I've tried turning the key to ON, then back to ACC, waiting 15min, then turning the car back on and driving for 10min above 16mph. I drove the car all day today to see if they would sync up, but no luck. I'm going to Mazda on monday to see if they can figure out what is wrong. Both sets of TPMS are from Mazda and the tire pressure is set correctly.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

When you take it to mazda they will rewrite your TPMS ID's to your car and reset it. So you'll be fine when you take it there. I've re written ID's for TPMS many times since I work at costco tire center. :)

When you take it to mazda they will rewrite your TPMS ID's to your car and reset it. So you'll be fine when you take it there. I've re written ID's for TPMS many times since I work at costco tire center. :)

yeah I had a tireshop attempt to rewrite the ID's, but no luck. Took it to mazda today and it turns out the tire shop missed one faulty TPMS, so simple fix, just had to replace that one.

How the heck did they miss that? In order to re write the ID's you have to scan each TPMS sensor starting from the Left Front tire then work your way around the car clock wise.....hummm what tire shop was this?

Back