Need Help with installing Amp and Subs.

Nascop5

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hello again Forum, I have decided to go ahead and purchase an Amp and Subs so I can get some really good kick in my car, however I have encountered an issue. I have the Kenwood KAC 744 Amp and two 1200W Sony Xplod's subs hooked up in a custom box and have encountered a massive issue. On the amp as any amp you have three connections involving power and circuitry, a 12v wire running from the positive part of the battery terminal, a ground wire, and a Power control wire. The subs and amp do indeed work. I have had each part tested in a different car with different inputs, amps, and subs to go out to. However I am having trouble finding a cable to use for power control, in other cars it's labeled as Remote, or Turn on which tells the amp to receive power and use it. I have a cable coming from the car, not the head-unit labeled turn on it is white and blue and was used somewhere in the previous head-unit used in the car. I have read the cable doesn't work and was used for the MP3's external sub and amp. Is there a way I can get this to work? I've spent the majority of my spring break racking my brain about it and it's quite frustrating. Is there a cable that can be used as a substitute? Is there a way to run the amp without the power control cable? The head unit I have is the Boss BV9982I and has the output cables for the subs to work.

You need the remote wire connected from the back of the radio to the amp for it to let the amp know its activated . With the aftermarket harness just wrap the blue wire from amp to the blue wire on the harness, thats all you need for it to work. Then when the radio turns off the amp does as well.

MY headunit doesn't have a remote wire. I could be wrong and missing something blatantly obvious which is possible. Please check the manual for my headunit online.

I have done some snooping around both in my instruction manual and a forum for my head-unit and people just use the Auto Antenna cable which is actually dual purpose but is labeled for the not so modern one. The cable is solid blue thank you all for your help and some others for their apathy, It was greatly appreciated either way.

You can also just hook it to the red wire on the stereo harness. The amp will still cycle on and off with the key.

Back