Need help with Hydrolock

808Mazda3

:
Mazda 3 HB
Got a 04 Mazda 3 2.3 and was driving to work the other day, and ran though what was a puddle that turn into a river in seconds. Wheeler Airfield to be the place. I ened up hydrolocking the engine and now i need help on how to. I researced on line and call the dealership and it all says to let it dry out or take out the plugs and turn over. Bad thing is it wont turn over.

Any advice could and would help!!

It still didnt stop raining so it wouldnt have dried yet=) But im assuming you got a cold air intake thats why it happened?

**UPDATE**

Checked out my charging systems and found out i shorted out the alternator and that needed replacement. So just waiting on that. I also checked to see if any water was in, and it was very very little that did and it was in just one of the cylinders. I checked the oil and there is no sign of water there, so i might be good to go.. crossing fingers here..

Thanks for the help..

Dealership wont do a thing bout hydro..

i would change motor oil ASAP even though there's no signs of water. even a hint of water will possibly rust your internals and cause major failure later on down the line. also, id add a little seafoam to neutralize any residue of water...follow the instructions carefully...at the least, change the oil...

GL on that

Last edited:
***UPDATE***

Well i had some very bad news... The engine is gone...(pissed) To it to a shop and they couldn't turn the crank at all.. Checked the piston height and one was off a little so that was the second sign..

Well now its just a waiting game for the engine to get her back on the road again..

Thanks for all the help Guys...

Back