Need help with fixing paint

needforspeed6

:
07 Mazdaspeed 6
Well, I have this chip in the paint above my front driver side wheel and I need your advice on the best way to repair it. Obviously, I could just put some touch up paint over it, but the chip is through the clear coat and down to the metal, so I would like to fill it with something, not sure what, and then apply the touch up paint over top. Please look at the attached pic of the chip (some of the previous touch up paint is coming off) and provide your recommendation on how to fix this. Also, if any knows the paint code for "black mica" that would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2242.JPG
    IMG_2242.JPG
    366.6 KB · Views: 185
Black Mica code is 16W, I got my paint at www.paintscratch.com,they have spray, bottle, and pen application for all colors.

Never tried a filler though, would be interested in other ppls ideas on that(2thumbs)

I saw a kit at Walmart, DupliColor I think, that came with a primer pen, a bit of filler, and a clear pen. They then had a selection of color-matched pigment pens for the rest. I imagine you could probably order mica from them.

I never tried it myself. I just thought I'd pass on the info. It looked like a pretty good deal.

Back