need help on pricing of a 09 mazda6.

Ok, After test driving the altima, accord, lower class 4 cylinders such as Civic, etc, I decided that the new mazda6 is my favourite. I have been looking around different mazda dealerships for the last month and I finally found something that may be a good deal, I just wanted to run it by some people first.

A dealer is in the middle of securing a new 09mazda6 for me. It is 4 cyliner, 5 spd, automatic, the itouring edition with the bose package and the conveniance package. He is giving me the car for around $20K with my trade in. I know the destination charge is already included but I may have to pay the sales tax, not sure if it was clear wether that was included or not. In either case, it appears the invoice of the itouring edition is around 22.5K including the destination charge. Then tack on the 3.2K or so for the two packages, putting the price of the car at around 25.5K or so, invoice. The MSRP of the car was around $27.5K I believe.

So I really like this car, and literally the only thing I am not getting which I wanted was heated seats, so I don't think its that big of a deal. Does anyone think this is a good deal, or is this something average?

I was just kind of worried that If I got the base model for a cheaper price, with a aftermarket sunroof, and leather, that I would not be able to get a good price for it later on if I wanted to trade it in in 3-4 years. I figured with some of the bells and whistles I could still get my $13-15K later on, if I didn't want the car anymore.

Hey Darknight, If you want to feel good about the price. Go to carsdirect.com. I neg'd the price of my S Touring to 25,250. CarsDirect got back to me the next day with a price of 24,500.

If you're ordering it through the dealer then I don't know.... But try cars direct, what have you got to lose?

cheers (breakn)

Other then sales tax, yes OTD. They never seem to quote with sales tax (6%).

I know I got the wheel locks, can't recall what else was not standard with the Touring package, but none of the major $1K+ packages. I plan to add the Sat receiver sometime.

I got my car through an agent. I got a Mazda 6 S sport Grand touring fully loaded with navi, boss package out the door for 32,400. I went to 4 different mazda dealership and none can get me that price out the door

Back