Need help installing amp and sub in 04 mazda 3?

:
04 Mazda 3
I want to use the stock head unit, because an aftermarket one would look stupid in the car. Can a stock head unit power a amp and sub also does it sound good? I'm thinking about getting the 12" Infinity reference sub with a profile amp. I think that would sound good. I know i need a line output convertor for the head unit. But, is there any thing else that i might have trouble with. I have never installed an amp and sub before. My friend is pretty good at installing them though. Does anyone have any step-by-step installing instructions for me to follow. any help will be good thanks.

reply to messege

believe it or not, there are kits available for the 3 for aftermarket head unit. i just installed the panisonic 707 with eq and it looks amazing (will have pics soon), i understand though if you dont want aftermarket, i had the amp and sub along with the diamond component speakers installed before the head unit, and i thought it sound great. the factory unit is very good, but remember, a aftermarket will sound better
hoss (hippy)

lowridemazb2200 said:
I want to use the stock head unit, because an aftermarket one would look stupid in the car. Can a stock head unit power a amp and sub also does it sound good? I'm thinking about getting the 12" Infinity reference sub with a profile amp. I think that would sound good. I know i need a line output convertor for the head unit. But, is there any thing else that i might have trouble with. I have never installed an amp and sub before. My friend is pretty good at installing them though. Does anyone have any step-by-step installing instructions for me to follow. any help will be good thanks.

what kind of profile amp are you getting? my friend wants me to buy his california series but it is underpowered

mazda003s said:
what kind of profile amp are you getting? my friend wants me to buy his california series but it is underpowered

getting the Profile ap600. Im thinking about a Infinity reference amp now

Installed new amp and sub

Thanks for all the help guys. Now the car hits hard as hell on a 12" Infinity Reference sub. With an 7520a infinity reference amp. That is a great combo. I just wanted to say thanks forr the help. That was the first time I did that it was a success,

Thanks
lowridemazb2200

lowridemazb2200 said:
Thanks for all the help guys. Now the car hits hard as hell on a 12" Infinity Reference sub. With an 7520a infinity reference amp. That is a great combo. I just wanted to say thanks forr the help. That was the first time I did that it was a success,

Thanks
lowridemazb2200

any pics?

I am looking into doing the same, keeping the stock head unit, but i thoguht a 10" was enough. I am thinking on going with infinity as well. How much did it cost you?

ZoomVT said:
I am looking into doing the same, keeping the stock head unit, but i thoguht a 10" was enough. I am thinking on going with infinity as well. How much did it cost you?

It's never enough ;)

That's what I said to myself... after a few months you get used to the one sub, then you want another, than another... you get the idea

Last edited:
ZoomVT said:

With the 12" Infinity Reference sub and the Infinity Reference amp and all the wiring it was around $500. But, I got twisted rca cables,twisted sub speaker wire, 4 gauge tsumani wiring kitand a q-logic box. If you keep the stock head unit you will need a line output convertor they cost about $20 from circuit city. If you need any help on installing them just write back. I have some instructions on how to take the dash apart and the kick panels and all that neat stuff. If you just want some thump then a 10" will do. That is all that i wanted. THe 12 hits hard as hell.

Back