*NEED HELP* Car won't start without bypassing alarm.

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
I popped off the plastic bottom underneather the steering column with the three screws for the ignition wire, but now the car won't start without HOLDING that stupid button.

I disconnected the battery/put back on... nothing.
I double checked the wires I messed with... nothing.
I lock, unlock, lock, unlock multiple times... nothing.
I also unplugged the alarm brain/module and plugged it back... NOTHING!

What do I need to do, so the car will go back to it's originl form to where I don't need to hold down that button?!

I'll probably head to a mazda dealership later on today, but I would like to hear from you guys first.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm messing with my car atm, so throw some ideas at me and I'll give it a shot.

- David

Last edited:
Found the culprit, a 20amp inline type fuse was blown under the dash. I was on a serious mission and found that blown bastard right in front of me smiling. Though just replacing it didn't do the trick, I needed to do a sequence of....

Close all doors
Hit lock button
Hit unlock button
Open door
Close door
Hit lock button
Hit unlock button
Open door
Start Car!

Gawd I hate protege's sometimes.

Last edited:
I wouldn't b**** about our security system now that I've learned a little about Saab and Saturn. Saturn's require waiting 30 minutes to disarm the security if you screw something up, and Saab's are so ****** dumb that if you lose all of your remotes you have to buy a new security system which is about $1100 from the dealer. You can only program a new remote if you have an old remote that still works with you.

It's a small black box right under the steering column with Mazda written on it. A little wiring diagram is on the back of it.

Back