need fellow mazda fams help

:
2003 mazda protege 5
Trying to figure out how to change my transmission fluid.

I have a 2003 mazda protege 5 2.0 man trans i need some serious help its never been changed and the car has over 110000 miles

I'm not positive but I believe u just unbolt the tranny pan and pour it out of the pan n i think it can b pretty messy I don't think there's any drain plugs not sure tho

theres a drain plug and a horizontal fill plug. take out both to let it flow better, youll need a funnel and some plastic tubing to refill it though.

I can't find the pictures, but the bolts are hard to miss. crawl under the driver side where the transmission is. There are two bolts towards the left of the transmission, Fill plug is located higher up, and drain plug is directly below. They are not attached to anything accept the transmission and they are fairly large bolts 19mm or something like that. maybe bigger...once drained you'll need some tubing and possibly a pump for the gear oil to be put back in as the fill plug is awkward, but it shuld only take 3 bottles of oil.

Hey, I snapped some pics for ya.

Here's the fill plug. Its the big one in the middle, but not the one with the wires.
It is on the drivers side of the transmission and it aims at the ground at about a 45 degree angle:
2008996006.jpg

And here's the drain plug, its directly on the bottom by the support, very easy to see:
2008996005.jpg

You'll need to drain as much as you possibly can, put back in your drain plug, then take youre plastic tubing shove the end into the fill hole (from the top) and then pour in 3 quarts.
A little will leak out the fill hole when you are at the right level.

If youve got any more questions lemme know.

Thanks everyone. Once I empty the oil that's in the transmission do I need to refill them empty again cause I seem a video and this guy unhooked a like ran the car until he seen new oil turned off tr car and refilled it.?? A. Im not sure where That line is and b. what oil do ppl recommend

Back