Need Alignment Advice, just a hair off, can I adjust?

sierra248

Contributor
:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
I hate having alignments done, my tires(star specs) are avg 25,000 miles of hard driving and wearing perfect. On my 2nd set and pressures are all same but it pulls to the right, even over the crown. Is there a way of adjusting this without having to take it to a shop, my steering wheel is a liittle off to but i can live with that, but the slight pulling is annoying on highway, but i hate the shop screwing it up worse, them tires be expensive.

Anyone know what to adjust?
Thanks in Advance,
Tom

Yes there is a toe adjustment that could affect your car pulling and bring on excessive tire wear, I would suggest you not try and adjust it without being on an alignment machine. Find an alignment shop in your area the has the latest John Bean or Hunter 3 D alignment machine and they can set you right, these units are so good a novice could get a good reading very quickly and adjust the toe and not mess it up, they can give you a print out of where you were and were you are when their done.

Exactly what I needed to know, got an email in to hunter now to find newest one around. I'll see if John Bean has anything also.

Thank you for your help.

Sierra248

Well if your car pulls ever so slightly, check your end links are tight. I have the James barone RSB and the left was finger loose! Tightened up up as tight as possibly could pull and the clunk that's been driving me crazy is gone and car goes straight, yea.

Thanks for your help, checked my moms Mazda 5 and they were tight but hers pulls more so ill let em align hers when hunter gets back to me, I sold my stock RSB, now I think I should have put it on her 5 from my speed 3. Get a barone RSB, big difference. I can lift my rear tire in corners now, before it felt and acted as if rear tires had zero effect on handling, not anymore! I have 225/45/18 star specs if your wondering how wheel comes up, lots of grip. Now before I lok tite those end links I need to decide if I'm going to change to stiffer hole on RSB.

Back