Need Advice

:
2002 Protege 5
So, long story sort, a couple of weeks some soccer mom rear ended my car. I tool it for an estimate the next day, and they said i need a new bumper, brackets, shock absorber, etc. I bring my car in this Monday, and I'm supposed to get it back tomorrow.
I get a phone call today saying they found even more damage to it. They're doing a unibody pull and have to also replace one of the panels.
I talked to a few people and they advise I get a new car, saying that with body damage like this, my alignment will be horrible an dI'll be going through a set of tires every month.
What do you guys think? Should I be okay with this, or is it best to get another?

i've been rearended with some frame damage and haven't had any issues. Did they say how far out of alignment it is?

I talked to a few people and they advise I get a new car, saying that with body damage like this, my alignment will be horrible an dI'll be going through a set of tires every month.

That would be the worst case scenario, and really depends on the quality of the body shop doing the work. If they're good, you should have little to no trouble. Do they guarantee their work? Does the insurance company?

I think it would depend on how badly the unibody is tweaked. Too much and it's never going to be right. Case in point, the Civic Si the ex bought without getting the CarFax on it, aka The Silver Albatross. It had more issues than anyone should have had to deal with after being hit...

Yay! New car!!!

Ignore me. I've lived here for a year, and these people have seen me daily drive four different cars.

Back