Need advice on what kind of 18's I should get

rlambert02

:
2005 Mazda 3 S (5 door)
Okay.. so here's the deal, I have an 05 mazda 3 hatch, currently on 17x7.5's and has BC Coilovers and i've rolled the fenders. It's moderately low right now with dampening adjusted almost completely stiff. I want to go up to 18" rims though and be able to have the car sit pretty much flush with the wheels. Will the 18s be to big to do this though without doing a ton of camber. I just dont want the wheels to scrape the fenders or quarter panels when i hit dips or bumbs basically. I dont know to much about wheels and fitment specs and all that, but i think what i need is the most narrow 18 I can find correct, which is probably 7.5? And i want as high offset as possible correct? obviously i dont want them tucked into the car super tight making it look funny but just enough that my tires arent scraping the lip on the car, as they already do a little with the 17s. I hope all that makes sense. Any help or advice is appreciated thanks.

and here's some pics of how it currently looks:
mecatuscon_zpsac30bb42.jpg

IMG_20121011_011046_zpsfbfcfcce.jpg

IMG_20121013_000956_zps928b0341.jpg

I think your best bet is to go 18x8 with an offset of 38 or higher, wrap them in 225/40/18, and you might need a little fender work in the back because of the drop but it should be the LEAST aggressive fit for an 18". IMO

Thanks i bought some katana gtm 18s with 215/40/18 tires for a pretty damn good price, just gotta wait for them to come in and ill post some pics and results
katana-gtm-matte-black-red-pinstripe.jpg

Back