Need a used Mazda CX-5 under 20K, really want grand touring

You should check into those left-overs from 2016.5 CX-5 GT which are now having heavy discount and incentives including $2,000 Customer Cash.

There are really no years to avoid. Common sense really: The newest one you can find with the lowest mileage in your price range.

In NY and may be selling my '16 CX-5 Grand Touring with 20,400 miles soon.

There are really no years to avoid. Common sense really: The newest one you can find with the lowest mileage in your price range.
Not really as a "year to avoid", but ALL 2013 CX-5's have 2.0L motor, whereas from 2014 and up, only the sport has 2.0L.
2014 and up the Touring and Grand Touring get the 2.5L motor.
Touring and Grand touring not only have different seat surfaces (cloth vs leather), but also different seat architecture and padding, so make sure to try both if you can to see which you like best.
I would go for 2016-2016.5 model year if possible for the updates and infotainment.

Wow - I never heard of it! Thanks
Yep, this $2,000 Customer Cash is offered directly from Mazda, dealers will give you additional discounts to clear thier inventory of 2016.5 CX-5's and there're still plenty of them left.

You should also check those special offers by Mazda at Mazda North American Operations/Mazda USA website as they'll offer additional incentives from time to time such as this additional $1,000/$750 End-of-Month Cash offered at the end of July. Mazda USA may have additional incentives before the Labor Day holiday if you can wait that long. These factory cash offers are easy money applying to purchasing price directly without any negotiation. In addition, there're $500 cash offers on Mazda Owner Loyalty Program and Mazda Military Appreciation Bonus Cash if you qualify.

Since you want a low mileage CX-5 keeping it for 6~7 years, I believe getting a new 2016.5 CX-5 is the best way to go with heavy incentive from factory and discounts from dealers right now. Not to mention you can enjoy the new car smell with full factory warranty and services. And car loan interest rate would be lower on a new car than a used car too.

I think they are starting to get scarce. 2 area dealers here, out of 4 are out I believe.
/Edit/ Just checked 5 local dealers. 1 dealer has 2 16s left.

Last edited:
Back