nb1 update 10.854

gms

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring, 2017
An NB1 software update was released today. Looks like mostly behind the screen fixes..

New software 10.854 for Mazda Navigation System NB1
OPTIONS
10 hours ago

Hi all,

We just released a software updated for the Mazda Navigation System NB1. Below more information about it:

Version 10.854
(Mazda Navigation System NB1)

Changes:
Loss of traffic info via LIVE Services after border crossing has been fixed
Bug in 'MapMatcher' (causing a reboot) has been fixed
Automatic fix for rotating map (GPS) issue
Application is now robust against corrupted '.ov2' file
Application is now robust against corrupted 'packedephemeris.ee' file
Application is now robust against corrupt EXT3 disk image file
Disabled download of incompatible TTS voices from TT HOME

Just a TomTom Home update. I didn't even know this was out until I coincidentally did my update last night :) then when I plugged it into the car it asks that you verify the version change (green check mark)

Before this update I had lost all services out of nowhere. Red light cameras, speed camera warnings etc but all are back now.

I ran out of space on my SD card. I had to move all but the three English-American voices, so that I could finish the install. Anybody else deal with that problem?

This doesn't fix the Text/eMail reading issue??

Doubt it but Verizon did just push out an Android 4.4.2 KitKat update to the Samsung Galaxy S4. Biggest feature of this update is the Android Device Manager you host on your PC. Now, if your phone is lost or stolen, you can locate it on a map, issue a lock command, send a ring command or wipe the phone's contents. I don't think I'm gonna test that last feature.

Haven't had the opportunity to test the SMS messaging feature on the CX-5 yet with the new Android OS. And I did update my NB1 to 10.854. My previous experience with the SMS messaging is I'd get a new message notification and it would ask me if I wanted to download it. Reply 'Yes' and it failed. Every time.

Last edited:
Yeah my 2014 Touring w/ Tech came with a 4GB card. I had to almost delete everything to get the update to load. After putting it in the car, then back into the PC, it freed up some space and I was able to load the stuff I deleted back on.

I do not seem to have the US Computer voice anymore, just a UK one. Did this happen to anyone else?

Yes, the SD card supplied with the factory Tom-Tom on my '15 CX-5 GT is 8GB.

Another change I noted (and it may have to do with the recent Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS upgrade which Verizon just pushed out) is the phone battery level indicator. Even if the phone was fully charged, I'd only get an 60-70% level indication.

Today it appears a full bar of charge level.

I have a 6 month old Australian CX5 with TomTom NB1 system and following 1 successful map and software update 4 months ago on a Win 8.1 computer, I have not been able to do one since. Mazda are providing a new SD card, but TomTom tell me that the map updates cannot be done using Windows 8.1 ie Windows 8 or older are needed. This sounds incredible to me and I've not seen any reference to this in the forums.
Can anybody shed some light?

Hi! I have done my first update with my win 8.1 Computer and everything works fine! My Mazda CX5 is made in june 2014 and bought in November 2014. European model! I also have done few times other updates (map corrections, sounds etc). Those all worked ok!

Markku

I've a Windows 8.1 machine and have done several updates successfully. The last update was too big for the 4Gb card supplied by Mazda so I bought an 8Gb and copied everything on to it. No problems at all except I lost all my "Favourites" and had to spend half an hour or so re-inputting them.

I can happily confirm one of the updates to either the Mazda NB1 v10.854 or Verizon's Android v4.4.2 KitKat upgrades did fix my issue with not being able to read SMS text messages. Don't know which one was responsible but I've not had a text msg fail to download or get read aloud.

I can happily confirm one of the updates to either the Mazda NB1 v10.854 or Verizon's Android v4.4.2 KitKat upgrades did fix my issue with not being able to read SMS text messages. Don't know which one was responsible but I've not had a text msg fail to download or get read aloud.

I'm guessing it was the Verizon update that brought it into compatibility.

Back