Navigation position getting 'stuck'

So, I drove down and back to northwestern North Carolina last week. On the trip home, I twice noticed the upcoming exits (and distance to those exits) get 'stuck' -- in other words, way behind my actual position. First time, it was only a few miles off. Second time, it showed the next exit as exit 251 being 0.3 Miles away.... I was at mile marker 280ish headed north -- so, about 30 miles without an update to upcoming exits (I guess I hadn't look at the nav screen in a while). The map image itself seemed to be updating but I couldn't verify the position it was indicating was accurate. I went into the menu and then back out... and it finally updated itself a few seconds later -- whether it was because I interacted with the system or a coincidence, I don't know.

Anyone else with the factory nav experience the same thing? Any ideas?

So, I drove down and back to northwestern North Carolina last week. On the trip home, I twice noticed the upcoming exits (and distance to those exits) get 'stuck' -- in other words, way behind my actual position. First time, it was only a few miles off. Second time, it showed the next exit as exit 251 being 0.3 Miles away.... I was at mile marker 280ish headed north -- so, about 30 miles without an update to upcoming exits (I guess I hadn't look at the nav screen in a while). The map image itself seemed to be updating but I couldn't verify the position it was indicating was accurate. I went into the menu and then back out... and it finally updated itself a few seconds later -- whether it was because I interacted with the system or a coincidence, I don't know.

Anyone else with the factory nav experience the same thing? Any ideas?

Its happened to me sometimes. I don't know why and it doesn't do it often, maybe like once every 6 months or so. Personally, the logic in the Navi is a wee bit screwy. If you try and take a road that isn't on the navi it takes a second for it to realize you are not on a road anymore. As far it not updating, I don't know why.

Could be that your DVD came scratched from factory. check your CD.

There is also a satellite sync issue with a lot of GPS units, especially if you don't use it travel a long distance and then try to use it a far distance from where you last were.

It sounds like you were just cruising along and it got screwy. I'd talk to Mazda about it if that is the case.

Back