Nathan's Mazda 2 :D UK

323F Rock

:
Mazda 323F GTR & Mazda 2 Sport
Hi guys,

This is my Mazda 2 Sport 1.5 UK
My Dad and I also have a Mazda 323F with a 1.8l Turbo engine from a GT-R :D --> http://www.club323f.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=42067

I've owned my 2 since January 2009!!

January 09

DSC01184.jpg

Before LED side lights
DSC01189.jpg

After LED side lights
DSC01188.jpg

DSC01191.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01193.jpg

Car or van....
DSC01433.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC01844.jpg

black plastic is far too boring!!
DSC00344.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

August 2010
old busted:
DSC01848.jpg

New hotness!!! Team Dynamics Pro Race 1 17"x7 35ET 4x100
DSC01849.jpg

Made my own centre caps from some cheap white ones off ebay, some Mazdaspeed stickers and the old team dynamic ones :D
DSC01845.jpg

DSC01871.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

Fresh rubber: 205/40/17
DSC01868.jpg

DSC01866.jpg

i think these new wheels fill the arches better width ways
DSC01865.jpg

DSC01850.jpg

few more shots:
DSC01863.jpg

DSC01864.jpg

DSC01858.jpg

DSC01859.jpg

i think im going to revisit the red stripes! the outer ones are Alloygators which are hard plastic rim protectors and the inner ones are reflective but i might whip them off and either put them on closer to the outside so its a single red stripe OR move them inwards so i have a positive white stripe inbetween the red stripes... think i like the sound of the second option to be honest! :D

EDIT: i never did revisit the red stripes haha i have recently bought some Team Dynamics Pro Race 3's to replace these (still not fitted)

I lowered her at some point around April 2012 on FK springs that I bought brand new for 30 haha

April 2013
I bought some new parts to freshen her up:
EBC Green stuff pads
EBC GD grooved and dimpled discs
K&N panel filter about an extra 0.001BHP more!!!! haha
Corksport Adjustable shock absorbers
new wheels to replace 3 perfectly good wheels and one that has a crack :(
15_Inch_Team_Dynamics_Pro_Race_3_White_Alloy_Wheels__PI_1223_127_137_962_962_600.jpg

I think I probably prefer the old wheels but these will be easier to keep clean! :D
and an oil change, complete with a K&N oil filter :D

August 2013
And more recently I fitted the Corksport adjustable dampers which were sitting in my hall for quite a long time!!

September 2013
Much much more recently last week I purchased the following:
Cusco Rear brace (438 311 B16 - http://www.cusco.co.jp/search/en/parts/index.php?manufact=MAZDA&car_name=Demio&kata_name=DE5FS )
Racing beat front sway bar (77100 - http://www.racingbeat.com/Mazda-2/Sway-Bars/77100.html )
Silk road Rigid rear axle kit (60A-I0F - http://www.d224030.win-sv.com/eccube/html/user_data/rigid.kit.php )
Spoon rigid collar chassis strengthener (50261-DE3-000 - http://rigidcollar.shop-pro.jp/?pid=31064527 )

Hopefully will have all this fitted soon! (yippy)

Must remember to take more photos!!

Did you mod your fog lights to turn on independent of your headlights, or does the UK version of the 2 do that from the factory?

Did you mod your fog lights to turn on independent of your headlights, or does the UK version of the 2 do that from the factory?
Does it from the factory :D Although I keep meaning to mod the "flash to pass" to bring on the fog lights too! :D

they do indeed! should stiffen the rear end up quite nicely :D
I need to check if it will interfer with the cusco rear sway bar though.....

I wonder if it is legal for STF class in Autox.

I will have to do some digging.

-Derrick

I wonder if it is legal for STF class in Autox.

I will have to do some digging.

-Derrick

The only problem I see is that it relocates the rear shock mount, and you can't relocate or change suspension mounting points in ST or in SP either. What are the marketed as, braces?

The only problem I see is that it relocates the rear shock mount, and you can't relocate or change suspension mounting points in ST or in SP either. What are the marketed as, braces?
the pictures Derrick posted aren't from a Mazda 2 but they are very similar, the shock mountings are the same, it is a brace :D

Finally got around to fitting my new wheels!! (lol2)
IMAG1506.jpg

IMAG1507.jpg

IMAG1508.jpg

Also fitted the Cusco rear anti roll bar :D
IMAG1509.jpg

(picture was taken before we tighted up the bar to the brackets)

never seen the cusco bar mounted before, looks like it would still allow a corksport or racingbeat bar to be installed. I wonder if someone has tried this combo for incredible roll stiffness.

the inside of the torsion bar is still completely empty so yeah you could :D might make one at work :D

Nathan... make that 4 if your cutting & welding ;-) got three M2's you can test them on....

Looking good... really nice wheels... those in black on my M2 would be mint....

Shaun...

would probably be steel, need to find some material too haha

Thanks Shaun, I wish I had fitted the wheels sooner now!

Also fitted the Cusco rear anti roll bar :D
IMAG1509.jpg

(picture was taken before we tighted up the bar to the brackets)

Interesting, they setup the bar like the Tripoint rear for the mounting locations.

-Derrick

Bought some new parts :D
AWR Rear engine mount - Fitted
Corksport short shifter - not fitted yet
Both of which were 2nd hand so nice and cheap! :D

Also paid up for a ECU tune by Dynotronics :D
And put my name down on a 4-2-1 hot pipes header but if the turbo kit from dynotronics comes out I may jump on that instead

:D

Thanks man,

The multi spoke ones are Team Dynamics ProRace 1's (cant get them anymore closest equivalent is ProRace 1.2's)

The 5 spoke ones are also Team Dynamics ProRace 3's
:D

Nice shopping list there Nathan....

Could do with that header... but just not got the $....

You'll like the tune, especially if you go for an intake, header & give her a better output with a cat-back.. err or not as the case may be... mmmmm

Shaun .....

Back