NA MSP - going the NA route

PM'd. lets keep it on topic :)

so whats new with the msp? find any good cam leads? i am interested in camming mine come money season

Ya..I'm going to be picking up the cams from Corksport here soon. Still researching Haltech stuff. Plus looking at the new Sprint500's from them as well. Also making a list of what i want done to the motor and my goals.

Also just found out that the FSZE pistons are too small for the bore on the block that I have. What is the clearance between the cylinder wall and the pistons?

Also just found out that the FSZE pistons are too small for the bore on the block that I have. What is the clearance between the cylinder wall and the pistons?

Do you have a stock block or did you have it overbored?

Do you have a stock block or did you have it overbored?

And did you mic and bore gauge them or are you just guessing?! Bore is said to be the same as both versions of engine share the FS block and have the same displacement on paper (either 82.8 or more commonly 83mm).

Skirt to wall should be about .003 -.004 or in that ballpark. The head of the piston above the rings could be a much larger gap, they're often tapered a bit.

And did you mic and bore gauge them or are you just guessing?! Bore is said to be the same as both versions of engine share the FS block and have the same displacement on paper (either 82.8 or more commonly 83mm).

Skirt to wall should be about .003 -.004 or in that ballpark. The head of the piston above the rings could be a much larger gap, they're often tapered a bit.

I haven't been into the shop to talk to them but that's what they came back with. Just wanted to know some numbers.

Well, if its true, then its either you didn't get shipped ze pistons, or the block was bored before you owned the car.

You can always just get another block if you gotta I suppose.

Well...I remained turbo. It's been in a shop for almost all this year. Just saw her today. She was strapped to the dyno. Pulling 183whp @ 5500rpm @ 8psi. The final runs later this week will be pulled to 6500 rpm to see how it's doing.

Super mild build. Conservative actually. I decided to want the longetivity and daily driveabiltiy instead. Should be finished the next couple of weeks. There's a small coolant leak and we're waiting on a replacement part for it and then a bit more fine tuning on the AFC with the air/fuel ratios.

Back