Mystery CEL

rustychops41

:
2007 Mazda 3s HB
About 2 weeks ago while sitting at a red light idling, my 3's CEL lit up and stayed on. (2007 2.3L MT, 58K miles) It continued to drive perfectly, and when I got home I pulled the battery cable to reset the light. I HATE warning lights. While this turned off the CEL (it's still off 2K miles later) for the next several days, when coasting to a stop, and the first 4-5 seconds of sitting still, the idle would swing back and forth between 700-900 RPM, in a rythym much like a ticking clock, 900-700-900-700 (tick, tock, tick, tock) etc etc, then stabilize just fine. It no longer does this, the CEL is still off, the car drives fine and delivers the same great MPG. I have never changed the plugs, or cleaned the TB. Shoot me if these are ignorant questions, but could it be the throttle position sensor is filthy (or bad?), a bad tank of gas, or is it time to change plugs? And was that fluctuating RPM for a few days the result of resetting the ECU? I regret not getting the CEL code now. Any help is much appreciated.

rpm's changing it could be a misfire.... Spark plugs... fuel injector.. something like that... just my guess....
i threw a code(said it was a misfire) drove just fine, i got it read and it said i blew up a fuel injector

Back