Today I ordered:

Oil Filter Relocation kit
Water pump block off plate
Moroso Remote Elec. WaTer Pump (35 GPM) instead of the old meziere 20 GPM
Pacesetter 'longtube' headers

Replacement wideband controller from Innovate is here monday

Rear Sway bar mounts got here today!

Last edited:
Well..I got my water pump in Friday, and it is much larger than I thought it was, lol. Not to worry, I was just not expecting 9 pounds of water pump. The rest of my stuff gets here today! More pics coming!

Nah, I have a 2002 Maxima 6-speed that I daily drive.

I am going to drive this on weekends, or when it is nice out, out to Mazda meets and such. I first want to get the numbers out of it that I want at the drag strip...from there I want to auto-cross/road race casually with it..just go out on track days and such for fun. I have a big brake setup for it front and rear, and will be purchasing coilovers over the winter for it. I don't want a straight line only car..I find that boring in a car like mine.

Glad you agree..I want something fun to drive and performs well in all kinds of spirited driving.

Little update:

I ditched the Moroso 35 GPM pump. It is for sale. I now have a Stewart In-Line 55 GPM water pump. This weekend the power steering is getting removed and the pump is getting installed. I am planning on leaving the stock water pump in, just not running the belt for it for a bit to make sure the new pump is working correctly and such. I am also removing the thermostat as the new pump should be moving a LOT more water than stock so I should be ok without the thermostat.

I will post up pics once I am done this weekend. Also, it looks like finally my heads are getting wrapped up (LOOKS like, lol). I am still waiting on the oil pump mount. Once that is here I can mount it up, measure it, and order the gears/belt from Jones Racing. I will also have to get a new pickup welded into my Millenia S oil pan.

Here is a link to the new pump:
http://www.stewartcomponents.net/Me...OD&Product_Code=E558A&Category_Code=ElectPump

It is much smaller, and much easier to locate and mount than the old one, that is why I changed to this pump.

Well, went to mount the pump only to notice the seller neglected to tell me it was radiator mount. So I had to buy a new exducer side of the pump to allow me to run it in-line like I needed. It will be here tomorrow, so I will finish the install tomorrow.

Curious about the ITB setup. Are u just gonna use hose and clamps to attach them to a stock flange like Leo323 or something else.

No, actually I am using a CNC'd set of flanges that have had recesses cut into them for the throttle bodies to sit in. They use two o-rings on each TB to seal them. There are no clamps or anything of the sort...this is the plan as of now. I also have a plan for mounting the fuel rails which will allow me to turn the ITBs the opposite direction of Leo and spray directly down the port instead of into the port wall, which should help a good bit.

Just a question but will the flow of air get screwed up transitioning from a 2" dia throttle body to a rectangular 1.25"x2.5" port(just random #s)? Does the length of the transition come into play with this or does it really matter?

Not as much as you would think. I am putting the TBs down low to keep my throttle response snappy. However, the transition to the port is really not as dramatic once you see it, in comparison to what it appear on paper.

The length of the transition would be better if it were longer/smoother, but getting that under the hood reasonably in a street car is just not possible in this application. I am going to mess with various ram lengths for the other side of the TB to see how those work.

I am basically doing the best I can to make this driveable on the street, fit under a modest hood bubble, and make very good n/a power...but I will continue to fidget with it once it is on the car to see what changes help/hurt.

Though..Jenvey says basically that the shorter the distance from the trumpet top to the port the higher rpm the motor should be...so I dunno. Like I said..I will fidget with it once the basic setup is on the car. So according to them a 10k rpm motor would like to see a trumpet to port length of ~330mm..or so.

Jenvey Fuel Injection has a lot of interesting info on this.

I actually just came across the Jenvey Fuel injection site. Lots of good info on the site.

Yes there is. The ITB setup is a ways off still, I have the throttle bodies and such. They are disassembled and such, but I am going to fire the car up without them for the first little bit. Tuning them is going to be a bear, and I don't want to deal with that while I am seating the rings...I will have enough to worry about, lol.

Got my electric water pump in, but I am working out the kinks in the setup, the car still runs too hot. I have a few things I need to check, hopefully this week. I also installed a custom radiator that I am borrowing from a friend to see how this setup does. I have pics I will put up shortly.

If you need help with Jen_Vey I have a friend who is a dealer here in FT lauderdale

They don't make anything for the KL, but I will certainly take note, if I find they can help me with something on the ITB setup. I appreciate it!

Update:

Water Pump Block-Off Plate (and Oil filter block-off)
DSC03806.jpg

Installed Block-Off Plate (and my beautiful thumb, which is blurry, but trust me, it's beautiful)
DSC03812.jpg

DSC03809.jpg

This is how the pump was attached to the old stock radiator
DSC03815.jpg

New Hotness (borrowed from Jarod for the time being)
DSC03818.jpg

Old and Busted....New Hotness
DSC03819.jpg

New and MUCH Improved Pump Location
DSC03823.jpg

DSC03821.jpg

Rest of the pics are here:
http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/m...gt96/My Car/

So, I did buy a second fan, I have not wired it up yet, but I am going to.

Amazingly, the car still runs too hot after it warms up. I am going to pull the thermostat and see if it is still working as a starting place. I will go from there.

The car takes a long time to get up to temperature, a long time. But once it gets up around 180-190 degrees it just keeps getting hotter and hotter. If I turn the car off, the motor cools down MUCH faster than it used to, if I just let the pump run with the car off. So I am not sure what is going on. Like I said I will wire up the second fan (which I don't think will matter) and check the thermostat, maybe even run without it and see if it changes anything. I will update this thread, since this is the way the setup will stay for the most part. Thanks to Jarod and Chris Pace for the radiator and bringing it to me!

John

EDIT: I have a couple leads on things that need to change, I will be messing more with it tomorrow or tonight. I think we have finally figured out why this is not working as it should yet.

Back