My Turbo 3 Dyno 245whp and 258tq 8psi

Captain KRM P5 said:
it is important to note he is not adjusting any timing with the F10X on the hiboost kit. the F10X is good for fuel control only. the stock ecu is still making all timing corrections. i have spoken with others well versed in the 3's engine and they feel the sudden drop has to do with the VVT

I don't think is has to do with the VVT as my power curve keeps going up all the time. I think it is either the engine pinging and the computer returning the timing or the MAF sensor hitting the limit.

All my pulls have shown a very stright curve in all Mazda6s and my Mazda3 even in the 346 WHP pull.

Juan

dukefanmaz3 said:
what cc of injectors should i get? yes i have to get a front mount intercooler does size matter?
At least 42lbs/hr but the best would be 50 lbs/hr. But then you need a fuel management system because it will not run when not on boost. For the intercooler, there is enough space in the front to use a large intercooler.

HiBoost TS said:
The 3 is not very easy to make it work with the stock components. The injectors are very small and will not take even 3 psi of boost. They go to 100% daty cycle at 2 psi of boost and 4500 RPMs. Besides the fuel system is a returnless system so that makes it even more critical.

wow 2psi, thats awful, worse than the protege :(

dukefanmaz3 said:
what cc of injectors should i get? yes i have to get a front mount intercooler does size matter?

core size is not the only qualifier to look at in terms of intercoolers. make sure to look at flow capacity, if it leaks at all, cooling capacity/heat dissapation as well.

not trying to be rude, but it sounds like you should just buy a pre made kit and then pay someone to put it on

tphskab said:
not trying to be rude, but it sounds like you should just buy a pre made kit and then pay someone to put it on

I have to agree here. Being innovative and doing work yourself is great but the highly technical installation and tuning required in order to install a turbo system is not something a novice can do. That being said... See you Friday Juan. (dance)

i am buyin a pre-made kit kinda i already have a guy making me a custom manifold, im buyin the turbo he can make it happen i just wanted to kno what else i need to b safe but still run most stock components

Is that why a manifold is part of the hiboost kit?

HiBoost TS said:
The 3 is not very easy to make it work with the stock components. The injectors are very small and will not take even 3 psi of boost. They go to 100% daty cycle at 2 psi of boost and 4500 RPMs. Besides the fuel system is a returnless system so that makes it even more critical.

Is that why a manifold is part of the hiboost kit? I didn't know that.

Q: with the hiboost kit.. will the car still pass the yearly emissions tests that many states require? (Massachusetts in particular ;)

cars said:
Is that why a manifold is part of the hiboost kit? I didn't know that.

Q: with the hiboost kit.. will the car still pass the yearly emissions tests that many states require? (Massachusetts in particular ;)

I think it was said that it SHOULD be able to pass the sniffer test, but visual is another story. i don't know how Mass. works, but in no way will it pass in Cali!

You'd probably be better off asking that question in the MSP or RX-7 areas.

There are only two or three people here that have turbos on a Mazda3.

there is a MSP running WI, WesmanII or something is his screenname here. my buddy is putting WI on his DSM cause he's still on the stock sidemount. BUT, IMO water injection should be used after you've reached the maximum efficiency of a good IC. While WI is cheaper, an air-to-air IC is a much better option for most people who are new to turbocharging.

I don't know where to throw this in so I'l just say it. I'm a little pissed that when they finally come out with the awd version, it will use a 2.0ltr instead of a 2.3ltr. Cause then there will be either get a 2.3 and turbo it for more power on a fwd or, less power on 2.0 and awd. I think I'm going to get the mazdaspeed3 when it comes out and replace the 2.0 trbo with 2.3 trbo. I think that would be the ultimate. We'd be able to compete with Evos and WRX STis!

so it is the 2.0L, hmmm I remember them saying something about it being the 2.3L, but I haven't been keeping an eye on it as I used to back in the day

The 2.0 is a more turbo friendly motor than the 2.3. The 2.3 has more torque, but the 2.0 will boost more at the same compression ratio without sacrifying power.

HiBoost TS said:
The 2.0 is a more turbo friendly motor than the 2.3. The 2.3 has more torque, but the 2.0 will boost more at the same compression ratio without sacrifying power.
O RLY?

your site says the kit is for the Mazda 3s - does the same kit fit the 3i 2.0 sedan?

Back