My Sunlight Silver MS3. CP-E TBE and TXS FMIC Installed!

xbox4414

:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
So I took the car out to a local race track 4 months ago and well another car sent me into the wall...took 3 months for insurance to cough up and pay for the damages as I'm covered for track use...but they didn't want to cover it. So after 3 months of fighting and repairs I got the car back and went right back to modding. My latest installs...CP-E TBE and TurboXS FMIC. And next up Cobb springs. Cobb's go on April 2nd. Well here are the pics, and tell me what u think! Thanks for looking.

Starting the install of the TBE:
tbe.jpg

Exhaust manifold soon to be replaced with PG's:
tbe8.jpg

Upper o2 soaking in PB Blaster:
tbe6.jpg

Stock DP out:
tbe7.jpg

Stock CBE:
tbe5.jpg

Full stock vs. CP-E CBE:
tbe3.jpg

The view with the DP out of the car and were the DP meets up with the turbo:
tbe2.jpg

New CP-E DP installed and o2 reinstalled:
tbe4.jpg

TurboXS FMIC installed and HKS BPV:
turboxs.jpg

fmic.jpg

fmic2.jpg

fmic3.jpg

fmic5.jpg

fmic6.jpg

fmic4.jpg

-Ray

looks good man, but seems like a risky spot that you did your exhaust install, no flat pavement around?

No my house isn't paved....but has gravel. And my friends house where i took the pic is a steep grade.

LOL, it's sturdier than you think. I believe we hit the jacks accidentally and nothing, well we were not crush obviously. Plus with the street angeling to the curb and the curb angled down, it gave us a "valley" so we had even more room to work with.

As for power and lag, there was a noticeable increase in lag, but that is expected when going from TMIC to FMIC. More tubing = more lag. So if you want a FMIC expect it, you want little lag then go TMIC but you also can heat soak any TMIC. With the TBE and FMIC, the car breaks traction in 1-2-3. Just wheel spin galore if you stomp it. It's amazing how much power this thing has now. I surprised the hell out of a Cobb tunned STi a few weeks ago.

^ Wanna trade cars? LOL. I'm actually looking into getting a Evo X. I just started working at a Mitsubishi dealer and we got 2 Evo's in the other day, already had a 3rd on the lot and one that we got was gray. The X is really the sexiest car I think I've seen.

yeah I used to be in love with the Evo X myself, but mitsubishi just keeps on disappointing me. The looks, the performance, everything about the car I think was really over hyped. Ever since its come out, I havent heard a word about it. 291HP?? What it is? Sorry Ill stick with my speed3, slap an intake, DP & RP and be @ 300 approx for way less than the 35k your spend on the Evo X. Just really disappointing how mitsubishi did the new gen evo is all. I bet next year or in 2 years, they will have a couple different packages for it like they do the new eclipse. Slap a wing on it.. and jack the price up 5k more.

ROFL. You are true. I do like the styling though. However for the price the performance should be much higher. The main difference that I like about the Evo X over the MS3 is the AWD. With what I have now, sometimes when at WOT I feel like I have too much power for the front wheels alone. I really wish we could put down all the power better and eliminate the torque steer. Sometimes the MS3 scares me with all the power it has now. And I'm not some old guy saying this...I'm 21yo and love going fast and boosted vehicles, this in fact is my first import tunned vehicle and it's fun, but I truly feel FWD now as a limit before you feel out of control. IDK...I'll probably get bashed now. LOL. But before I do...MS3's still are amazing cars and I'm still gonna add more power. Push the envelope of insanity on a FWD car even more. hahahah

Well after today the car is now lowered on Cobb springs and PG's Exhaust Manifold is installed. The car now rips. It spools up and boosts now around 2600 RPM's instead of having to be over 3000 to build boost, it's wonderful. Also I picked up a Dashhawk to monitor AFR's, boost pressure and all that wonderful stuff...but I also got the drag coefficient and frontal area specifically for the MS3, plugged them into the Dashhawk and it was coming up with 335 estimate horse power. More pics to come soon with the new goodies. Now I don't know what to do...was thinking Cobb AP, Fuel Pump and maybe water/meth kit. I'm really stumped on what to do next...

Back