My poor P5 was totalled.

Navy_P503

:
2003, Mazda Protege 5
Well crap... I got rear ended a couple weeks ago going into work. I was at a stop light, guy in a BMW 330 wasn't paying attention, tried to veer at the last second hit my left rear corner at about 30 mph. Spun me 180 deg and pushed me over two lanes. We were both ok, but as soon as I got out of the car to look at the damage I had the sinking feeling insurance was going to total it. Sure enough about a week later I found out that before the shop had even started to pull the rear end apart they had already assessed over $6k in damage. I was able to pull a few parts off of her and I still have a lot of the stock parts I replaced. I'll be starting a For Sale thread (http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...Stock-amp-Aftermarket-parts-03-P5#post5852165) in the next couple days. I was sad to see her go, but fortunately the other guys insurance gave me a decent price for the car. I'm in an '03 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro now.
IMG_1153.JPGIMG_1156.JPG

Last edited:
Well crap... I got rear ended a couple weeks ago going into work. I was at a stop light, guy in a BMW 330 wasn't paying attention, tried to veer at the last second hit my left rear corner at about 30 mph. Spun me 180 deg and pushed me over two lanes. We were both ok, but as soon as I got out of the car to look at the damage I had the sinking feeling insurance was going to total it. Sure enough about a week later I found out that before the shop had even started to pull the rear end apart they had already assessed over $6k in damage. I was able to pull a few parts off of her and I still have a lot of the stock parts I replaced. I'll be starting a for sale thread in the next couple days. I was sad to see her go, but fortunately the other guys insurance gave me a decent price for the car. I'm in an '03 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro now.
View attachment 190570View attachment 190571
That hit hard man

I only had some mild whiplash. Definitely hit harder than I originally thought. Went back to pull parts and it had warped the left side of the car enough to where the passenger door was hard to open and the drivers seat wouldn't move back and forth.

yeah, that deff looks like a write off. on the bright side, you're alright and they gave you a decent coin for it.

Back