My new turbo from Modern Performance!

Hey Beavis, what do you mean "snub off the line"? The reving faster sounds good to me. So shifting will make it lose some RPM's because it's lighter? How much are we talking, I mean is it real noticeable? Nick from Modern Performance said that he deals with spec clutches and that he has nothing but good words about them. Here's a link: http://www.speclutches.com/specMain.html
They are priced well also. The stage 3 and 4 can handle 349 ft-lbs of torque.:D I'll have to wait and save up a little before I buy one though.

Wshade, You slipped your ACT clutch just by downshifting? It shouldn't slip by doing that should it? I thought they could handle a lot of torque also.

man i think i might get a flywheel.,..I was playin around today shiftin sick fast..and if I shift at like 5500superfast, that dam recirculation keep my turbo spinnin and i will only drop to like 4 grand in the next gear!..I would liek to have them drop a bit lower so i can be more int he meaty part of the powerband like 3 or 3.5k

Bigg Tim said:
The reving faster sounds good to me. So shifting will make it lose some RPM's because it's lighter? How much are we talking, I mean is it real noticeable?

Don't worry about it losing speed; it won't be an issue. If you let off the gas, the rpm gauge drops fast in stock form. I checked. There is nothing wrong with an engine that responds fast. With a light flywheel, it will rev up and down a bit quicker. The revving up part is what you want, gets ya goin quicker....

wheir in frederick do you live because i live in ambermeadows off of motter ave/we should meet up some time

Thanks ddogg777, that sounds cool. I 'm just trying to make sure I check everything out before I buy.

KzA, you didn't get any slipping of your clutch? How many miles do you have on there? I drove today and hit the boost pretty hard and it didn't slip, I just stayed in a gear and then floored it and it was okay. I guess it's not so bad when it comes on slower, than when you shift fast. When it did slip, it was when I shifted fast and stayed in the boost pretty hard.

ozz, I live off of ballenger creek pike. pazzaz also lives here, he lives over by the Fredericktowne mall. We should all hook up sometime. I'm going to OC this weekend for bike week, so this weekend won't work. Maybe someday next week, I'll talk to pazzaz. Shoot him a message, he'll be glad to meet up with ya too.

Bigg Tim said:
Wshade, You slipped your ACT clutch just by downshifting? It shouldn't slip by doing that should it? I thought they could handle a lot of torque also.

It was my fault, I slipped it a little to get the revs into the sweet spot and it just kept going. Slipped it a little to much and it never caught up. It always holds when fully engaged. Honestly, get the flywheel and the clutch at the same time since you will have the tranny pulled. You will not regret it.

i have the clutchmaster stage III and it work great. I have had no trouble with it at all. No clutch chatter for me... I have had it for about 3 or 4 months.

my clutch has been holding up awesome, tho I am at 6psi...I have like 600 miles on it as of now and it hasnt slipped on me once..I'm sure when I jack it up to 8 or 12 psi that I will start feeling some, so I am begining my saving right now for the clutch\flywheel combo..

The only time my clutch (ACT) has slipped on me is when pulling up into the driveway from a stop. :D Oh the smell...

Latest posts

Back