My new Sonic Silver CX-5

You'd better get a CX-5 so I have someone to talk to when I'm on this forum!

Took a GT AWD (one level below top spec Akera) for a test drive today and I have to say I like it. Performed to my expectations going up hills with 2 people on board (gave the accelerator pedal a work out) on top of car kerb weight of 1670kg (3682lbs) and general acceleration from standing start (both normal and sport mode). Also moved easily in normal traffic speeds.

It handled well going around round-abouts as well turning into corners and the steering was easy at any speed.

I have to say it is a fare bit quieter than my Mazda6 which is good meaning all the extra work Mazda has done to NVH seems to have paid off.

Unfortunately will need to sell my 6 privately first then once I get the $$$, will go off and purchase a new sonic silver AWD CX-5 Akera 2.5L.

Looking forward to that purchase day! :D

Last edited:
Rains finally subsided today, but it was still overcast. Here are a couple more pics. Even when there is no sun the silver still pops in pics.

Attachments

• Side close.JPG
    Side close.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Front three quarter.JPG
    Front three quarter.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 212
Rains finally subsided today, but it was still overcast. Here are a couple more pics. Even when there is no sun the silver still pops in pics.
Superb!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You will be very satisfied. Glad to hear you finally got to test drive! Good luck with the sale of your 6.

BTW, I've been to Sydney, Melbourne and (believe it or not) Canberra on business. I love Australia!

Took a GT AWD (one level below top spec Akera) for a test drive today and I have to say I like it. Performed to my expectations going up hills with 2 people on board (gave the accelerator pedal a work out) on top of car kerb weight of 1670kg (3682lbs) and general acceleration from standing start (both normal and sport mode). Also moved easily in normal traffic speeds.

It handled well going around round-abouts as well turning into corners and the steering was easy at any speed.

I have to say it is a fare bit quieter than my Mazda6 which is good meaning all the extra work Mazda has done to NVH seems to have paid off.

Unfortunately will need to sell my 6 privately first then once I get the $$$, will go off and purchase a new sonic silver AWD CX-5 Akera 2.5L.

Looking forward to that purchase day! :D

Where in Aus are you?
And if you like to share some details of your 6, (year, version, kms etc) and an idea what $ youre asking for it, my son has been thinking about getting one.

You will be very satisfied. Glad to hear you finally got to test drive! Good luck with the sale of your 6.

Thanks mate. I am willing to wait to get the right price :)

BTW, I've been to Sydney, Melbourne and (believe it or not) Canberra on business. I love Australia!

I believe you and I love Australia too!

Thought I'd post since there are so few pics of Sonic Silver GT's. It is a great color that changes from a dark to light silver in different conditions. Looks great with the wheels. Not a neck-snapper like SRC, but easy to keep clean and helps me fly under the radar. Love this car!

Just showed my hubs these pics and his response...."Yup, we're getting that!"

Back