My new Sonic Silver CX-5

You guys crack me up. I only commented on the way the pic portrayed the rims. I didn't offer an opinion on them, but obviously the butthurt has already set in.

So to clarify, I do prefer the 2016 GT rims to the 2017s GTs. I'm ambivalent thowards the 17s as I don't really like either.

I'll reserve my other feelings on the 2017 for another thread as to not totally take the enjoyment out of the OPs purchase.

Looks schmick. The tyre shine brings out the definition on those wheels! I don't mind them. Good color choice too.

Looks schmick. The tyre shine brings out the definition on those wheels! I don't mind them. Good color choice too.
That tyre shine is much better than the ones sold in auto parts shops

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the compliments, guys. No butthurt here. We are loving the car... tiny 19" wheels and all. (lol2)

Took our first highway road trip today. Smooth, quiet, solid, comfy, great stability. Glad we chose silver and got the front windows tinted because we are already at 96 degrees here in Dallas.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. No butthurt here. We are loving the car... tiny 19" wheels and all. (lol2)

Took our first highway road trip today. Smooth, quiet, solid, comfy, great stability. Glad we chose silver and got the front windows tinted because we are already at 96 degrees here in Dallas.

Great to hear. How was its engine performance (scratch)

Great to hear. How was its engine performance (scratch)

Decent, but then again I usually drive a '17 Audi A4 with turbo. I usually start out in Sport and when I get up to speed I move the toggle to Standard (or whatever it is called). It has enough power to enter an onramp and pass with no issues. It has become our weekend car while the Audi stays in the garage. My goal was to have a second car that I enjoyed driving as much as my A4. It fits the bill. That says a lot.

Decent, but then again I usually drive a '17 Audi A4 with turbo. I usually start out in Sport and when I get up to speed I move the toggle to Standard (or whatever it is called). It has enough power to enter an onramp and pass with no issues. It has become our weekend car while the Audi stays in the garage. My goal was to have a second car that I enjoyed driving as much as my A4. It fits the bill. That says a lot.

Excellent. Thanks for providing positive feedback on it's performance.

I am not expecting turbo like performance but to be close to my current Mazda6.

Excellent. Thanks for providing positive feedback on it's performance.

I am not expecting turbo like performance but to be close to my current Mazda6.

I think you will find that it is so quiet and so secure you may feel more conservative in your driving approach. Don't get me wrong... it still has good pickup and handles very capably. We were stuck in a traffic snarl today and didn't really care. The interior is so nice that it is a great place to pass time.

I think you will find that it is so quiet and so secure you may feel more conservative in your driving approach. Don't get me wrong... it still has good pickup and handles very capably. We were stuck in a traffic snarl today and didn't really care. The interior is so nice that it is a great place to pass time.

Hope so :D

Sonic silver is the best color for CX-5 imo, and I typically hate silver cars. Definitely regret getting black.

Saw a sonic silver CX-5 this morning just before sunrise and even under the street lights, it looked good

So now you know you made the right decision!

Will be making the right decision

Silver CX-5 I hope is coming later this year.

Going for a test drive very soon which might speed up the process :)

Maybe this weekend. We just had torrential rains today, so she's pretty dirty. Windshield wipers work great!

Here are a few I didn't post. One is in a parking garage. Nothing really far away. These all really capture the silver, but it can be much darker in certain lighting.

Here's a video clip of a Sonic Silver Touring in various lighting conditions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OpW9DNCm_E

Attachments

• IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    268.9 KB · Views: 199
  • CX5 Side.JPG
    CX5 Side.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 199
  • CX-5 Side view.JPG
    CX-5 Side view.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 238
Last edited: