My Mazda Dealership is trying to screw me?

jgrangers4

:
2007 Mazdaspeed6
Hello, i just got a 07 Mazdaspeed 6 onyx black and i love the car. I return the lease on my rx8 and im financing the mazdaspeed. Well, the financing guy at the dealership called me today after purchasing the car 2 weeks ago and said that "he" made a mistake and took off an extra $700 off the car and wants me to pay for it. Ive signed all the paperwork and i think everything is fine, do you think hes trying to screw me over for more money, because this aint the first time ive heard something like this. I not going to pay but i want to know what you guys think.

That contract is binding. Look at it this way, if you called them and said "Hey, I made a mistake and paid you $700 too much for this car", would they be cutting you a check?

Dont give them one penny back! You both signed a contract and you are both honoring your part of that contract.

BTW: How is it going from an RX-8 to a MS6, I was considering the switch but I dont want to loose my RWD baby.

Congrats. And yeah I wouldn't pay them because like mentioned if the tables were turned they sure wouldn't give you one damn penny.

Plain and simple f.......em especially stealerships.They are out there to ripp off your butt,never forget that.

Thanks for the quick response. Hopefully its all sorted out.

BTW: How is it going from an RX-8 to a MS6, I was considering the switch but I dont want to loose my RWD baby.
The Rx8 was a fun car b/c of the handling but the car was way too small and gas mileage was horrible(i was getting 12mpg, mostly city). The mazdaspeed6 is way better in gas mileage(20 mpg city) and i have alot more interior space. I love both cars but the mazdaspeed6 is much better as of right now.

this does actually happen. It has happen to me twice. But it was not 700 bucks worth. My feelings is that it was their mistake, their problem, deal with it.

Yeah screw em. I had a similar problem I paid for rust proofing and 3m taping which came to $2000 CDN, and I asked if it was done before I picked up the car, they said it was but then when I took it to my buddy to works at a detail shop he said it wasn't, so after a long phone argument they finally agreed to do it.

Screw em, like everyone else said, if things were reversed they would just laugh at you, I suggest you do the same.

It's funny hearing somebody go from an RX-8 to an MS6 because I often think about doing the opposite switch.

I'm 23 and single so it's not like I need the space of my MS6. But I worry about driving RWD in the winter, the gas mileage, and the reliability of the rotary.

Hell no, laugh in their face, or ignore them. Whatever they may say or do, it means nothing. Just say, not my fault, and tell them you'd have never made the deal had it been $700 more, so tough crap.

Well, I never went from an RX8 to a Speed 6 (Went from RX8 to S2000, and STI to Speed 6, but I really did love my RX8. Too bad I had a lemon. The thing was in the shop every month. Something always going wrong. Great car, but a gaz guzzler, and I wouldn't trust the reliability long term as far as I could throw the car. I do miss it though. The engine is so smooth, and effortless. However, the car did lack some oomph. My S2000 is noticably faster. I think they overrated the power on that car. Still though, to this day that's the sexiest car I've ever owned. :)

Last edited:
Going from an STI to a Speed6 is bittersweet. You lose that enthusiast feeling with a Speed 6, but gain a better all around car IMO. It's not as fast obviously, it doesn't handle anywhere near the STI, but it's so much smoother quieter, more comfortable, IMO looks nicer inside and out. The STI is definitely a more solidly built car, but feels cheap except when you drive it the way it's supposed to be driven, then you realize why it's such a special car. I did have the 04 (first year STI), so it was very RAW. As a work commuter, it left too much to be desired. The Speed 6 is a perfect daily driver IMO, because it's a great combination car that gives you a bit of everything.

Yes, I saved a fortune on insurance, and I also am under the radar. As a daily commuter, the STI just wasn't cutting it. So much negative attention from cops and people trying to race me, and the car was just so toyish looking. Of course the newer ones improved. Since I paid $29k for it in 2004, drove it 28k miles with nothing but oil changes, then was able to get 23k on trade in, while getting the Speed 6 Last July for $23500, it was a no brainer. For $500 and my used STI, it was the best car swap I ever made, if for no other reason then financially. The resale value and used demand was insane for the STI.

When you have an 06 S2000 sitting in your garage as a fun car, it makes letting a car like the STI go that much easier. I didn't need a 300hp nimble car like the STI as a daily winter beater. No way could a Speed be both my fun car and daily, because it lacks too much as an enthusiast, but as a daily winter beater, it's PERFECT for me. I simply chose the S2000 over my STI as a fun car. because, well, it's simply more fun to drive. After all my car swapping, I finally got it right. However, without my S2000, I wouldn't be able to own My Speed 6. I'd be missing out on too much. :)

Back