My Impreza progress thread

I always wanted that midnight blue color on my suby.

Oh yeah?

DSC_2582.jpg

I still wish it were a wagon and a stick. We will hopefully rectify the latter soon ;)

Yah. Me likey! (nana) (naughty)

Going to drop off the heads and flywheel to get machined, and the parts to get powder coated tomorrow! Wahoo!!! Might be able to get the car back together or at least start doing so this weekend! (hump)

NEW MOTOR SHOULD BE GOIN IN TOMORROW! CANT WAIT! This calls for dancing banana's! lol:

(cheerbanana)(cheerbanana)(cheerbanana)

It has almost been two months since I have driven her. Will post some pics here when I get it in.

Last edited:
did I miss what engine you were putting in somewhere?

Good news is I will be replacing the bad block with a 2.5 NA block from any 99-04 Subaru with my 2.2 heads/manifold(high compression!), port and polishing and port matching heads/intake manifold, new clutch, light weight flywheel, and 2.5L cams in the 2.2 heads

Well will be giving you updates as I get the motor back together and back in.

STI swap!?

Riiiight..

i know, i can still be hopeful lol

the flipping little 2.5 RS's keep tempting me

did I miss what engine you were putting in somewhere?

STI swap!?

Riiiight..

Swapping in a 2.5L(from my 2.2L with single port SOHC heads) with 2.5L SOHC heads(descided to go with the 2.5 heads for they are dual port instead of single) with port/polished/port matched heads and intake manifold, stage 1 exedy clutch, ACT lightweight flywheel, and lots of powdercoated goodies! Look below for some teaser pics. Almost done!

Come to the all wheel dark side luke! lol

6/18/11 UPDATE:

Should have the swap done this weekend. Just have to get a ball joint in, intake on, and check everything and then will be ready to start it up for the first time. Praying that no other problems come up. I had a few snag's with the intake manifold wiring but got that resolved so everything should work out just fine. Here are a few teaser pics to show some of the powdercoating I got done lol:

100_2428.jpg

100_2437.jpg

Should have some more pics up in a few days when I get the car up and running. Probably will have a sound clip to for my new duel port heads and headers(last setup was single port).

same...I drove a gc8 wagon for the first time today.

Does your impreza have any noise coming from the rear end? I think the car I drove needed a rear diff.

same...I drove a gc8 wagon for the first time today.

Does your impreza have any noise coming from the rear end? I think the car I drove needed a rear diff.

Cool deal. No noise from my rear end. Probably something with his rear brakes, or diff. By the way impreza wagons are GF8's. GC8's are the sedans. Also GC8/GF8's are the codes for JDM imprezas. USDM 93-01 Impreza's are GF4's and GC4's unless you have a JDM engine, suspension, and other goodies. Just an FYI for ya

6/23/11 UPDATE:

THE SWAP IS FINISHED!

Got it done earlier this week. Runs amazing. Great torque, acceleration, and rev's up faster than you can blink! I love it!

SPEC'S:
  • 2.5L W/ 2.5L SOHC HEADS
  • PORT/POLISHED/PORT MATCHED HEADS AND INTAKE MANIFOLD
  • EXEDY STAGE 1 CLUTCH
  • ACT LIGHT WEIGHT FLYWHEEL
  • BORLA REPLICA DUAL PORT HEADERS
  • POWDER COATED INTAKE, VALVE COVERS, RADIATOR SHROUD, OIL CAP, AND INTAKE MANIFOLD

PICS/CLIP!:

100_2440.jpg

100_2441.jpg

100_2442.jpg

100_2443.jpg

CLICK LINK BELOW TO WATCH CLIP!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EI5GI_0kE0

Last edited:
WHEN I GOT THE BLOCK BACK AND PUT CLUTCH AND FLYWHEEL ON:

100_2426.jpg

PIC'S FROM WORKIN ON THE MANIFOLD. PORT/POLISHING/PORT MATCHING:

100_2419.jpg

100_2420.jpg

100_2421.jpg

100_2422.jpg

DELETED A FEW THINGS ON THE OUTSIDE AND CLEANED UP ALL THE CASTING DEFECT'S:

100_2423.jpg

100_2424.jpg

CLEANEST CROSS MEMBER EVER. CLEANED HER UP BEFORE PUTTING THE MOTOR IN:

100_2427.jpg

PUT IN NEW BI-XENON HID'S SO I CAN HAVE MY HIGH BEAMS BACK(WILL EVENTUALLY DO A RETRO FIT WITH THEM):

100_2450.jpg

100_2446.jpg

8/16/11 UPDATE!:

Hey all! I am have been meaning to get an update up for you all but have been working 55 hours a week at a total of two jobs and then you have a family with two young kids in the picture it is hard to have much free time :lol: . Not that I am complaining. I love my family :D. So any who after the swap my car was not idling that well so I did some pocking around on the motor and found one of my spark plug wires was falling apart. I also found that the standard NGK plugs that were put in my motor are not quite right for it so I went with a set of these bad boys:

100_2455.jpg

NGK Platinums. So I then of coarse needed some new plug wires so gave me an excuse to pick up some Rallitek replacements(amazing quality, performance, and gas mileage BTW. Very impressed!):

100_2454.jpg

100_2452.jpg

After all that and adjusting my valves the car runs great! Then onto the best part of all one of my buddy's with an RS replaced his bumper cover so he gave me his old one. It has a few cracks that I need to fix and repaint it of coarse. Then it will be going on my car:

100_2456.jpg

I also got to race in my first autoX since the swap:

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

I got 3rd in my class!:

5e8e50364da8__1313540209000.jpg

This fully built STI which for some reason was in my same class beat me for 2nd:

IMG_2839.jpg

Well night all. Will try and get some more updates up soon

i agree! I LOVE the look of the bumper you've got on!

But alas, it is your car

Either way, great updates!! and the car looks great!!!!

I say stick with the bumper you have. I love the inboard location of the aux lights.

i agree! I LOVE the look of the bumper you've got on!

But alas, it is your car

Either way, great updates!! and the car looks great!!!!

Thanks guys. I love the bumper on there now too and was even thinking about making a fiberglass lip for it but the RS bumper has more sturdy fog light brackets, better locations for the fog lights allowing more air flow to the radiator/engine bay, they make better lips for this bumper, I got it for FREE from a friend, and this will also allow me to pass the blessings on to a friend of mine who really wants my current bumper since he has the older style impreza bumper so I am giving him mine.

Back