My Impreza progress thread

Here are some pics of my car from a meet I went to recently:

2.jpg

3-3.jpg

4/18/11 UPDATE:

Hey all. It has been a while since my last update. Got a lot to tell you guys. Good news, then bad news, then some more good news. lol On to some good news. Will start with my latest upgrades/mods:

DRESS-UP FENDER BOLTS:

100_2325.jpg

100_2329.jpg

100_2330.jpg

BEST MOD OF ALL NEW WHEELS/TIRES!:

100_2374.jpg

100_2375.jpg

100_2376.jpg

OEM 17" POWDERCOATED SCION TC WHEELS W/ FEDERAL SS-595 215/40/17'S

BAD NEWS CONTINUED ON NEXT POST....

BAD NEWS.....

Spun two rod bearings and after taking the motor out and apart found that one of my injectors was clogged and was getting detonation in one of the cylinders which probably contributed to the spun rod bearings and all the oil I was burning. I had a bunch of metal flakes in the oil from the bearings. It looked like someone dumped a bucket of glitter into my oil. Onto the pics:

100_2378.jpg

100_2380.jpg

100_2382.jpg

100_2383.jpg

DETONATED CYLINDER:

100_2387.jpg

100_2385.jpg

100_2384.jpg

OH AND MY CLUTCH IS PRETTY MUCH DONE LOL:

100_2388.jpg

GOOD NEWS!:

Good news is I will be replacing the bad block with a 2.5 NA block from any 99-04 Subaru with my 2.2 heads/manifold(high compression!), port and polishing and port matching heads/intake manifold, new clutch, light weight flywheel, and 2.5L cams in the 2.2 heads

Well will be giving you updates as I get the motor back together and back in.

Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like you'll end up making lemonade out of the lemons! Looking forward to seeing this build. Keep us updated!

Glad to hear you will have it back up soon. How many miles did you have on the engine and clutch?

I had around 166,000 on the engine(would have lasted a lot longer if I did not have a clogged injector), not sure if the clutch was ever replaced before I got it but it is obviously done for

Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like you'll end up making lemonade out of the lemons! Looking forward to seeing this build. Keep us updated!

Will do :D

Yah, they are amazing cars. Will last well over 200k if you take care of them right. I guess I failed at that. Live and learn I guess. Careful, once you go AWD you never go back. lol There a lot of amazing things about Subaru's. The best thing I think is that Subaru's are like lego's. Parts from several other subaru's work on several different other models

Good news. I found a motor locally and it is getting rebuilt now. Will be port and polishing the heads and intake manifold while it is getting rebuilt so will post some pics when I have those for ya

4/18/11 UPDATE:

Hey all. It has been a while since my last update. Got a lot to tell you guys. Good news, then bad news, then some more good news. lol On to some good news. Will start with my latest upgrades/mods:

DRESS-UP FENDER BOLTS:

100_2325.jpg

100_2329.jpg

100_2330.jpg

BEST MOD OF ALL NEW WHEELS/TIRES!:

100_2374.jpg

100_2375.jpg

100_2376.jpg

OEM 17" POWDERCOATED SCION TC WHEELS W/ FEDERAL SS-595 215/40/17'S

BAD NEWS CONTINUED ON NEXT POST....

nice, u think 04 sti wheels will do a direct fit on a scion?

nice, u think 04 sti wheels will do a direct fit on a scion?

Possibly. But considering I had to machine the center hub hole on the scion wheels to fit on my subaru you might have a problem having to much space between the hub and wheel where you dont have a snug fit. But if you powdercoated them you might get a snug fit. Only one way to know for sure, gotta test fit them.

Time to go turbo? :D

Love your car man, have been subscribed since you bought it ;)

Thanks man. Love yours. I always wanted that midnight blue color on my suby. Like your wheels and familia tails.

I wish I could go turbo but not practical for a DD and weekend racer car. Plus dont have enough in my rebuild budget to get all the turbo parts I would need not to mention the extra engine work.

With this new 2.5L setup in this car it will be pretty quick. Should be able to keep up with stock WRX's. Not bad for an NA

5/7/11 UPDATE:

Got some new goody's for the new build! Also got an ACT light weight flywheel not pictured here!

100_2390ModifiedinImageViewer.jpg

I just got the heads from the guy that is rebuilding the motor and I am port/polishing/port matching them myself along with the intake manifold as well. Also getting the IM manifold and valve covers powder coated. So will post more pics as I have this stuff completed.

Be careful who you have powdercoat them, I did a silver color once on a those parts and it cracked and peeled bad, it was s***!!!

5/22/11 UPDATE:

I got some port and polishing/port matching done on my heads in my garage. Onto the pics:

INTAKE SIDE:

BEFORE:

6.jpg

7-1.jpg

AFTER:

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

EXHAUST SIDE:

BEFORE:

1.jpg

AFTER:

3-4.jpg