my headlights!!

Daytime pics! (well early morning 6am so kinda weird lighting)

Attachments

• dsc00292.jpg
    dsc00292.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 48
  • dsc00293.jpg
    dsc00293.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 50
  • dsc00294.jpg
    dsc00294.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 51
  • dsc00295.jpg
    dsc00295.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 47
hey!! i just realized something myndfi3ld now you gotta change your sig so its matches your car!! HA and about the gas station thing i wanted to just stare at them under all that light but i couldnt becuase there were people everywhere and theyd think i was a loser staring at a damn headlight too :)

xxmikkoxx said:
hey!! i just realized something myndfi3ld now you gotta change your sig so its matches your car!! HA and about the gas station thing i wanted to just stare at them under all that light but i couldnt becuase there were people everywhere and theyd think i was a loser staring at a damn headlight too :)
Yeah I should update the sig, the only problem is i took the sig pic in the morning and this morning the lighting wasn't good at all.. hmm I'll go outside now and see where I could get a good pic.

EDIT: how about a faraway shot of your car, I wanna see what those eyelids look like on silver

heres the faraway shot...the only problems with thoes is they REALLY REALLY REALLY cut down your night vision, i had to adjust the lights to compensate for the lost upper level lighting

Attachments

• ME 034.jpg
    ME 034.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 45
Hey guys... the lights look great. I have been debating about doing that for the past few months. I just cant bring myself to do it... Mynd, you have got to do something about the licence plate holes though. The same monkey with the screw gun got to my car too. I plugged them up. What do you think?

lplate_004_small.JPG

lplate_002_small.JPG

Ignore the little fuzzy crap on the plugs on the second pic. I had just washed my car and it is fuzz from the mitt...
Total cost: $1.50 or so... (I already had touch up paint) It is hard to tell in the pic, but the color is right on. Mazda OEM touch up paint and a set of GM interior trim plugs. I just primered and painted them and jammed them in the holes. IMO it looks a lot better than the empty holes, and WAAAAAY better than a plate.

garretts77 said:
Mynd, you have got to do something about the licence plate holes though.
i know i know, I'm just hoping I don't get pulled over for not having a front plate. I'd mount it down in the lower grille but it's such a nice looking grille :(

anyways here are some daytime pics, the lighting is a b**** on this ultra-sunny (but still very cold) day

Attachments

• dsc00296.jpg
    dsc00296.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 40
  • dsc00297.jpg
    dsc00297.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 43
  • dsc00299.jpg
    dsc00299.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 45
myndfi3ld i like how you got the fog lamp mod looks pretty cool....but driving w/o a front plate tsk tsk!! just asking for an asshole cop to pulla ya ova! wish i had FL plates 'sted of the ugly 2 plates u need for MA such a shame to cover up such a pretty front end!!

xxmikkoxx said:
myndfi3ld i like how you got the fog lamp mod looks pretty cool....but driving w/o a front plate tsk tsk!! just asking for an asshole cop to pulla ya ova! wish i had FL plates 'sted of the ugly 2 plates u need for MA such a shame to cover up such a pretty front end!!
I've seen a lot of cars with the front plate inside the car in the front window... is this at all legal u think? Me thinks the only reason they want a front plate is so they have something to target when using laser speed checking.

HAHA i like your reasoning!! eh works for me!!...if i were a cop i coulndt give 2 s**** about something like the front plate being legal or illegal id be a cool cop id pull ya over just to shoot the s***! lol...but thats a good question i wonder if it is legal becuase i DO see it alot and nver gave it much thought i heard in cali its illegal though

It isn't legal here. The front plate must be fixed to the front of the car. You can design your own bracket and fix it someplace other than stock I think, but it still hast to be bolted on somehow.
I have never had a front plate on any car. I got pulled over once in San Fran. The cop asked why I didn't have a front plate, and I told him the bracket broke, and I was going to fix it this weekend. He let me go.
A second time I got pulled over for no front plate this last 4th of July, but it was because my drunk ass friends were in the back seat yelling and cheering at all of the ladies in Pacific Beach at 2am. The plate was just the cops excuse. He figured I was DUI, (I wasn't) and he let me go so he could go find some real DUI's.

But for 5 cars and 12 years of driving in Cali with no plates, only pulled over twice, and punished zero times. Of course, some may think that is two times too many, but I really do not like the look of the front plates, so to me it is worth it.

Ya, I'm torn as to whether to take it off when I get my FMIC. The front plate ruins the look. Wish I could find out whether it is legal to stick it in the window.

The DMV website should say someplace. I would bet though that if your state requires a front plate, that it also requires the plate to be fastened to the front, and not just placed in the window. But who knows...

Back